Author Topic: lavender  (Read 4299 times)

ACE

• Hectare
lavender
« on: July 26, 2021, 12:33:11 »
It seems to have been a good year for it. I have just clipped it hoping for a second show. Very handy this year as I have lost so much weight I keep having to get smaller clothes. Charity shops for jackets etc, give them back when I need a smaller one, run the steamer over them or down the dry cleaners. Most of these clothes are natural fibres, not the cheap far eastern polymer rubbish.  Some like the harris tweed I would like to keep so Lavender bags are being made to keep the moths at bay. Drying it in the conservatory at the moment, the house is in a lavender haze.

pumkinlover

Re: lavender
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2021, 12:45:28 »
You should sleep well then ACE!

Palustris

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2021, 10:28:52 »
Am I the only one who really does not like the smell of Lavender?
Gardening is the great leveller.

Paulh

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2021, 11:18:06 »
I'm OK with the scent but I don't like it in food.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2021, 12:27:01 »
I must say I have gone off it a bit these last few days. Windows wide open and it still lingers, as for sleep I get my eight hours but not in one hit.

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2021, 12:42:40 »
Me too Paulh.   I love walking pas it in the garden and getting a waft but I find it makes food taste soapy.

Inspired by Ace I picked two small bunches yesterday and hung one up in the hen house as they're supposed to find it relaxing and the other in the kitchen to see if it really does deter flies.
Obxx - Vendée France

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2021, 20:48:23 »
My husband once made a stew with a heady lavender taste…..he’d picked from our garden thinking it was rosemary! To be fair it wasn’t flowering at the time….😂🥴
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

pumkinlover

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2021, 08:25:05 »
I once nearly used French lavender instead of the usual in scones. Ugh it tastes like antiseptic.

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2021, 09:17:24 »
I had lavender chicken once at a wedding and it was lovely.  Mind you it was a very mild taste which worked well - I normally can't stand Lavender..
Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal