Produce > Recipes

THE MOST MOREISH RECIPES FOR COURGETTES

<< < (3/7) > >>

Deb P:
I’m a fan of making courgette spaghetti, my son bought me a fancy little veg spiraliser and although not a fan of gadgets I use it regularly and it spiralises any veg in seconds. A couple of big courgettes makes a quick meal that cooks in minutes, bung in some prawns, tomato sauce and top with cheese…yum.

Vinlander:
Gluts of veg will always risk blandness - but new ideas are always more labour-intensive. After a few 'specials' (and after a hard days work) it's easier to fall back on ratatouille or capenata with minor variations (eg. the amount of tomatoes).

I find it's easier to liven up any or all these bland meals with fresh but mild/medium chillies diced or shredded to ~2mm and sprinkled onto the plated meal at the last minute.

My favourite raw chilli (especially for courgette-dominated dishes) is Bulgarian Teardrop at the lime green stage - it has citrus notes like Lemon Drop but moreso, especially as there is 10x less heat to compete with the pungently citrusy zest (with hints of under-ripe guava). 

On a different tack, green manzano/rocoto/locoto peppers (C.pubescens) are very, very different from the ripe ones, IMHO the difference is much greater than in any other chilli.  If they are put in early (after the onions) they meld through the dish & give a mild comforting deep heat that really fills out the flavour (a 30min stew tastes like a dessertspoon of peppercorns has been in there for about 8 hours) - they do this so well that it's like a secret weapon for any favourite recipes that might be moving towards boring - even meat-based ones like spag bog and shepherds pie etc.etc.

Cheers.

ACE:
Had a rest from them today, had a pattypan instead.

saddad:
Veg., spaghetti are our bete noir at the moment!

Obelixx:
Veg spaghetti is only good IMHO if the veggies are raw and served as a salad with an interesting dressing.

I like courgettes in a vegetable tagine or a curry as long as they've been cut and salted then rinsed and dried and cooked for just a few minutes in a well flavoured sauce.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version