Produce > Recipes

THE MOST MOREISH RECIPES FOR COURGETTES

(1/7) > >>

ACE:
Who has got recipes for courgettes, that are so tasty that you come back for more. I like them anyway they are done, but in a weeks time I shall be experimenting with them. I use them as part of my type 2 diet so any high carb additions to the recipe is out. This week it has been saute in garlic and olive oil, chopped mushrooms, peppers, chilli and chorizo. Then glazed in balsamic really hot until it gets sticky. Lovely just on it's own.

Obelixx:
I have a recipe for twice baked courgette soufflé if you can be bothered.  It is delicious and not complicated.

I also like them simply sliced and layered in a shallow oven proof dish that has been buttered then s&p and a layer of grated cheddar.   Bake at 180C till the cheese is bubbling and brown.     Courgette fritters made with chick pea/gram flour and a teaspoon of baking powder are good too and no carbs.  I sometimes add sweetcorn for a change in texture and added fibre.

I made a courgette soda bread last week and it was very good but I used plain wholemeal flour and a sachet of baking powder plus the soda -
https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/courgette-cheddar-soda-bread    I've frozen half of the loaf and we'll be having it toasted with courgette soup for lunch on Monday.

Paulh:
A friend cooks "courgettes Milano" which is great cold at picnics.

The recipe she gave to us is:

"2 Tbsp olive oil
1 lb courgette washed, topped and tailed and cut into half inch slices
6 spring onions, washed, topped and tailed and roughly chopped
1 clove of garlic crushed
Half teaspoon dried basil
Pinch of Paprika pepper
4 tomatoes, skinned and chopped (or tin of chopped tomatoes)
1 Tbsp tomato puree
1 bay leaf
2 Tbsp white wine
Salt and pepper

Heat oil, add courgettes, spring onions and garlic and cook for 3 mins.  Stir in remaining ingredients with seasoning to taste.  Bring to boil, then cover and reduce heat to simmer for 15 mins."

That's nice enough, my wife loves it, but I think it's nothing like what our friend actually cooks which is light on tomatoes!

If you search for "courgettes Milano" or "zucchini Milano", the internet will give you several very different recipes!

Let us know if you find a winner.

tricia:
https://thedoctorskitchen.com/recipes/pikt-box-3-courgette-gazpacho

How about this for lunch on a hot summer's day Ace?

Tricia  :wave:

gray1720:
Hmmm.... sounds like Ace has hit the annual Zeppelin glut!

As have I - harvested three courgettes and five Zeppelins today...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version