General > News

Monsoon season

<< < (2/3) > >>

gray1720:
It's a very odd distribution of rainfall at the mo - my Mum has all her rainwater collectors full (probably closer to 2000L) in Essex, which is the dryest county in the UK (St Osyth - 20 inches of rain a year, official threshold for desert 10 inches), yet Embra and Aberdeen have had 6mm of rain all month, normally that's a normal day's rainfall!

tricia:
It was raining steadily when I woke up here in South Devon so I went back to bed and dozed off again. It was still raining when I eventually got up and continued all morning,  gradually easing to little more than a drizzle during the afternoon. I haven't been out to check, but I'm sure my six water butts are now filled to overflowing! :icon_cheers:.

Need a dry day tomorrow to go grocery shopping on my scooter and on Wednesday have to get myself to Newton Abbot race course for a PCR covid test before finally, after months of waiting, getting a fluoroscopic guided injection into my poor arthritic right hand on Friday at Torbay hospital.

Tricia  :wave:

pumkinlover:
Hope that goes well for you Tricia

saddad:
My Livingstone daisies never achieve a display like that TeeGee, but glad I'm not the only one who has to protect the leaves from the sparrows while the plants get established!

gray1720:
Flippin' Nora! The Met Office reckon it will get down to 6C tonight here - and the Beeb reckon a degree colder!

Have to get all my outdoor toms back in for the night... bit late for the runners, unless I dig the wigwam up and get it inside too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version