Author Topic: it's that time of year again  (Read 2206 times)

ACE

• Hectare
it's that time of year again
« on: June 17, 2021, 15:23:25 »
I have spotted the tiniest courgette on  one of my plants, so small even the flower has not properly started yet. Looking forward to some fresh ones this year. They have been an essential part of my diet and since the frozen chunks ran out we have had some rubbish from the shops.

gray1720

• Hectare
Re: it's that time of year again
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2021, 16:01:26 »
*Checks watch*

Posted 15.23 on the 17th.

By 15.23 on the 27th you'll be up to your tits in them and wondering how the flip you'll ever get rid of them!
My garden is smaller than your Rome, but my pilum is harder than your sternum!

tricia

• Hectare
  • Torbay, Devon
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2021, 20:12:11 »
I made a picking today! 3 tiny four inch Partenon and a  similar Alfresco.  Had to pick them as the flowers had already fallen off and there are more starting to flower. Everything is so much later than last year  - my June 2020 calendar shows that I picked the first raspberries on 13th, made my first batch of strawberry jam on 14th and started harvesting what turned into a glut of blackcurrants on 17th. So far June is only producing a handful of strawberries each day  -  nothing else is anywhere near ready!

Tricia  :wave:

Beersmith

• Hectare
  • Duston, Northampton. Loam / sand.
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2021, 21:36:03 »
Loads of strawberries, nothing else even close.
Not mad, just out to mulch!

Beersmith

• Hectare
  • Duston, Northampton. Loam / sand.
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2021, 00:01:07 »
Loads of strawberries, nothing else even close.

Actually rewind / scratch that.  Nothing edible even that close.  It has been a good spring for cut flowers. Daffs, narcissi, tulips, and now some peonies and even a few roses.  Lost a dahlia to the cold but several others showing good growth.
Not mad, just out to mulch!

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2021, 10:48:41 »
I have a blooming little squirrel digging up and eating some of my dahlia tubers in pots, and biting chunks off of lily stems then sitting on the fence and eating them in front of me!!!
Harvest wise three weeks behind last year I reckon.. 
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal