Author Topic: My garden progress  (Read 3427 times)

gray1720

• Hectare
My garden progress
« on: June 04, 2021, 22:56:38 »
It'll be six years in September since we bought a house and I was feeling a bit overwhelmed by the number of things I still wanted to do, when I happened across the photos I took of the garden when I moved in. See if you can tell which are which - amazing what you can achieve simply by having no sense of proportion!

BTW, I cannot tell a lie, I like big butts!
My garden is smaller than your Rome, but my pilum is harder than your sternum!

Palustris

• Hectare
Re: My garden progress
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2021, 08:18:30 »
Well done. It must have given you a great deal of pleasure over the years and a lot of satisfaction too.
Gardening is the great leveller.

gray1720

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2021, 09:19:38 »
You're not wrong! This spring has  been very satsifying as I broke out a big square of the concrete, the old fashioned way with BFI (brute force & ignorance) and, even better, have got rid of most of the rubble for free to people who want it for projects!

gray1720

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2021, 10:03:48 »
@Obelixx - this is the shade bed you gave me suggestions for. Already racing away! I'll take a better pic when it's in the shade again and you can *see* things!

Palustris

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2021, 12:42:02 »
You're not wrong! This spring has  been very satsifying as I broke out a big square of the concrete, the old fashioned way with BFI (brute force & ignorance) and, even better, have got rid of most of the rubble for free to people who want it for projects!
Been there, done that. Sadly no longer capable.
Gardening is the great leveller.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal