General > The Shed

Well-being

<< < (2/3) > >>

picman:
My comment was about the " Rose tinted glasses" of the media...  If you think your glass is half full or empty your using the wrong glass 

Paulh:
Yes, I've had some gentle conversations with vegan work colleagues about the realities of growing food. They tend to think that slugs and snails and so on just take a little and leave the rest untouched!

BarriedaleNick:
Yeah it's great for your health and well being  until you fall down the slope leading to my veg area and sprain your wrist.  Just recovering now after 6 weeks and going on my first 50km bike ride...

gray1720:

--- Quote from: Paulh on May 19, 2021, 09:50:54 ---Yes, I've had some gentle conversations with vegan work colleagues about the realities of growing food. They tend to think that slugs and snails and so on just take a little and leave the rest untouched!

--- End quote ---

My first thought when I started cleaning the first cauli I ever grew myself was "Now I know why pesticides were embraced so readily!". I don't grow them now as they need so much bloomin' watering, but I do always warn recipients of my veg that it may contain vegetarians.

As for glass half-full... my personality type tends more towards "Why have I just drunk half a pint of this piss?"!

ACE:
Well-being, rather overused a lot lately, especially if you are not allowed to do something. I want to jog in a big group, you cant, 'but it is good for my well-being' I want stand at the pub bar, it's good for my well-being, I want to go and infect my granny at a care home, also good for my well-being. I need to go on a holiday abroad, don't care where, Its good for my bla bla bla. The gullible  are even giving money to charities that look after your well being. Excuse me, I can manage that on my own thankyou.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version