Author Topic: Allotment closed  (Read 2986 times)

Tiny Clanger

• Acre
Allotment closed
« on: May 06, 2021, 13:02:40 »
Just had a message from a chum in Milton Keynes. Their site is closed and padlocked with immediate effect. Seedlings livestock tools can be removed at stated times over the next couple of days. A notice on the gate states that "hazardous material" has been noticed by someone who wants to remain anonymous and will not say where it is on the site. Site closed forthwith and no digging under any circumstances.

All seems very bizarre. Anyone know what's going on there?
I expect to pass through this world but once; any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now; let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.

ACE

• Hectare
Re: Allotment closed
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2021, 13:34:32 »
More than likely somebody dug up some old asbestos, reported it and the council went into overdrive. Or it could be a money grubber planting it, reporting it, will offer to clear it (at a price) and the area turned into building plots. After all they cannot put allotment holders in danger even if they have been digging it since the war. The plot holders should use the freedom of information act to get to the bottom of it.

Tiny Clanger

• Acre
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2021, 16:06:36 »
Thanks Ace. We get asbestos from time to time, but we dont get our site shut down. Plot is isolated and the removal men come in.
Something seems very wrong. Finance was my first thought too. At our site we are sitting on £14mill worth of building land but they cant get us off - yet! A housing estate has been built on adjacent land and service roads end at our border fence.   :BangHead:
I expect to pass through this world but once; any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now; let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2021, 17:11:50 »
Sounds dodgy to me so just wanted to wish you all the best of luck with combatting any sneaky shenanigans.
Obxx - Vendée France

Tiny Clanger

• Acre
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2021, 17:21:11 »
X will try and message you. I'm not good at this no

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal