Author Topic: Growbags  (Read 1921 times)

PeterO

Growbags
« on: April 10, 2005, 17:12:11 »
Hi, I think it's about time we trailed all the growbags out there... So here's one for starters..

savemore growbag, 97p from Tesco... Haven't planted anything in them yet.. but stay tuned, as soon as my tom's, chilli's & pepper's have germinated I'll be potting up and will send more pictures as they develop.

Any other growbag enthusiasts out there?

« Last Edit: April 10, 2005, 17:17:02 by PeterO »

cookie

• Half Acre
  • I love Allotments4All
Re: Growbags
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2005, 17:59:44 »
Grow bags in Aldi, only 79p!!! good or what. we cut ours in half, up end them and then grow all the tommie plants that we can't get in the ground.

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2005, 18:00:00 »
Have already bought some from Focus, can't remember the price, but need some more so will let you know!  
And whilst we are on the subject of growbags, why on earth do they make them in such gaudy colours??? I am sure if someone did a nice green only wrapper they would sell more! ;D
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

Moggle

• Hectare
  • My island home is waiting for me
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2005, 19:05:16 »
I try to go for peat free, and have tried B&Q organic ones (£1.50 ish) in the past, and this year I'm trying some salad leaves in a Leavington peat free one (£2.50 ish).  :) I will be using one of these for some of my toms this year too
Lottie-less until I can afford a house with it's own garden.

Anne Robertson

• Acre
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2005, 19:20:10 »
Surely they must all be much the same, so it's best to go for the cheapest or is that me just being a cheapskate? ::)
I agree that I would prefer an all green/brown one that isn't such an eyesore.

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2005, 19:31:23 »
Same? - no!

And colour? White is the best.

And cheap is not always good?

Many trials have been done & are of interest.

Anne Robertson

• Acre
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2005, 19:37:44 »
White, because it reflects the heat and needs less watering? If so I concede to your experience.
 Which make have you found the best, Tim?

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2005, 22:24:57 »
Being an eternal optimist I'm hoping with all the manure I'm rotting down to be able to make my own grobags next year

I have started, kind of, I have some plastic sacks which compost was in, upended them, filled them with muck and planted spuds in them

I think some growbags are poor, usually the 79 p ones  ;D  I got some organic ones which were dearer but very much more substantial.  Can't remember though where from .....   ???
I came, I saw, I composted

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2005, 23:03:09 »
Asda 97p.  I needed 10 so I needed cheap.  They do me fine as they are what I used last year and very successful they were to.  I shake 'em up, fold down the middle and cut in half then plant one tom in each half.  ;D

Merlins Mum

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2005, 19:16:14 »
That's what I'm doing with mine EJ
but I wish I had known that B&Q had organic ones. Thanks moggle, if I need more, that's where I'll get them from.

MM

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal