Author Topic: Amtico Flooring  (Read 2981 times)

Duke Ellington

• Hectare
Amtico Flooring
« on: April 15, 2021, 22:14:05 »
Are there any A4Allers that have had Amtico flooring fitted in their home? If you’ve had it for years has it worn well? How does the price compare with solid wood flooring or laminate?
Duke
dont be fooled by the name I am a Lady!! :-*

Paulh

• Hectare
Re: Amtico Flooring
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2021, 21:18:50 »
The gas mains are being replaced in our neighbourhood and predictably the "hopefully simple" job of threading new pipes through the old ones is impossible. In the end, the best route for the new feed into the house was through the garage, so I have had to clear half of that out. That revealed in the corner with the dozen spare roof tiles and old stock bricks that are spares from building our extension 20+ years ago, two packets of Amtico flooring from our bathroom / shower / loo refits in 1998 and 2009.

The flooring in all three rooms remains good and has been trouble free.

To have the floors done on two rooms of about 25 sq ft each cost £700 (i.e., including labour) in 2009.

I'd go for Amtico again, unless the story is that the quality has declined.

pumkinlover

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2021, 07:51:16 »
It looks like what we called Parquet flooring, is it the same thing? It looks really attractive but I have no experience sorry.

Nora42

• Acre
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2021, 10:16:21 »
my brother has it in his house it's the hall floor way, runninig from the front door to the back door with all downstairs rooms branching off from it, it's faux wood but you would never know. it has had everything thrown at it and on it, dogs cats kids lego stilettos parties, broken glass and it still looks like new, it's been down for 30 years it's pleasant to walk on in bare feet and quite and very easily cleaned . i would have it in a heartbeat. i dont have shares in Amtico by my experiance of it is genuine.
Nora
Norf London

Duke Ellington

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2021, 17:35:46 »
Thanks for your replies. I just have to sweet talk my husband!!😁😁
dont be fooled by the name I am a Lady!! :-*

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal