Author Topic: Pond plants  (Read 2588 times)

davholla

• Hectare
Pond plants
« on: April 24, 2021, 17:40:46 »
I have the following
Zebra Rush-(Scirpus lacustris tab. 'Zebrinus') × 1
Golden Creeping Jenny-(Lysimachia nummularia Aurea) × 1
Purple loosestrife-(Lythrum salicaria) × 1
Watercress-(Rorippa nasturtium aquaticum) × 1

Which have not started to grow yet, is that normal? Or should I worry?
I love in South London

Beersmith

• Hectare
  • Duston, Northampton. Loam / sand.
Re: Pond plants
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2021, 22:26:22 »
It seems we don't have any pond plant experts rushing to offer advice. Nor can I help much. I haven't a clue what species of plants are in our pond but they are all showing signs of spring growth. It is late April, so a complete absence of new growth does seem odd.

Mind you, the weather has been a bit perplexing. Incredibly wet for a spell (I posted a pic of a nearby plot under water), then bitterly cold, and now hot days, cold nights and drought conditions in my part of the world.  I've got frost's killing the blossom on the plum tree, and strawberries in flower, well chitted first early potatoes that went in early March yet to show. The plants seem confused and who can blame them. Whatever happened to April showers?
Not mad, just out to mulch!

davholla

• Hectare
Re: Pond plants
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2021, 07:36:07 »
It seems we don't have any pond plant experts rushing to offer advice. Nor can I help much. I haven't a clue what species of plants are in our pond but they are all showing signs of spring growth. It is late April, so a complete absence of new growth does seem odd.

Mind you, the weather has been a bit perplexing. Incredibly wet for a spell (I posted a pic of a nearby plot under water), then bitterly cold, and now hot days, cold nights and drought conditions in my part of the world.  I've got frost's killing the blossom on the plum tree, and strawberries in flower, well chitted first early potatoes that went in early March yet to show. The plants seem confused and who can blame them. Whatever happened to April showers?
It is really strange weather on Saturday doing work outside in the sun I wore a sun hat. But yesterday in the shade in the back garden I was wearing a hat to keep me warm.
Our front garden at the same time in the sun was warm.
Ou

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal