Produce > Non Edible Plants

I D help required please.

<< < (3/5) > >>

Tee Gee:
like the others mention this is one way

http://www.thegardenersalmanac.co.uk/Content/C/Comfrey/Comfrey.htm

I never thought of Comfrey,possibly that's because I no longer have an allotment where there was lots of it. I guess it was a case of ; Out of sight out of mind! But glad to see that your query was resolved.

Emagggie:
Me neither Tee Gee. That’s obviously where I remembered seeing it but just couldn’t place it. A daughter has it in her garden, it looks lovely just now. I will have to transfer a chunk, especially as I can make tomato fertiliser from it.

Obelixx:
Comfrey tea is for plants, not people!

There is the smelly method where you soak the foliage in a bucket of water for a couple of weeks (needs a lid) and then strain and dilute 10 parts water to 1 part "tea" and use for tomatoes, peppers, chillies, beans, squashes and so on.   

The second method is to stand an old bin on bricks so you can make a hole in the bottom and place a container beneath it.  You then fill it with comfrey leaves and then weigh them down with bricks or stones so the resulting good comes out into the container.   No smell.  No mess.  Dilute as above.

Put the used leaves or goo on the compost heap for more benefits.

Jim McColl on Beechgrove ran a trial one year comparing comfrey tea to commercial tomato fertiliser and was so astonished by the results (disbelief) that he repeated it the following year to make sure.   Comfrey tea won hands down for yield and flavour.

Emagggie:
Thanks Obelixx. I will have a go at method 2. I wonder if it would be good for roses....

Obelixx:
Yes, and clematis.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version