Allotment Stuff > The Basics

One line questions / One line answers

(1/12) > >>

Beersmith:
Many of the topics discussed here make good reading, the discussions are interesting and often wide ranging. Long may it continue. I really enjoy the diversity of views and am astonished by how often I learn something completely new.

But I wonder if a thread dedicated to quick answers to quick questions would also be useful. To me it seems a bit excessive to start a whole new topic just to ask if Morrisons have currently got any fruit bushes for sale. The quick questions could just stack up under the same topic, and the new questions just get a new label on the home page.

So here goes.

My celeriac have germinated really well, but compared to most years they are quite leggy.  When I prick out into small pots can I bury the stem (similar to tomatoes) down to the point at which the first main leaves emerge? 

Hmmmm. That's more than one line.  Curses!!

Tiny Clanger:
I do! :toothy10: :toothy10: :toothy10:

Obelixx:
Can't grow celeriac here.  Too dry.   Can't help, sorry.  How are you going to let everyone know there's a simple question/simple answer thread?

Beersmith:

--- Quote from: Obelixx on March 29, 2021, 12:51:01 ---Can't grow celeriac here.  Too dry.   Can't help, sorry.  How are you going to let everyone know there's a simple question/simple answer thread?

--- End quote ---

Not sure.  Regular readers / contributors would soon get used to it.  After each new question it would automatically appear on the home page recent topics.  Newcomers not so easy.

Beersmith:

--- Quote from: Tiny Clanger on March 29, 2021, 12:28:20 ---I do! :toothy10: :toothy10: :toothy10:

--- End quote ---

Thanks.  I will do so.

My memory must be going.  I'm sure I must have had leggy celeriac before. Can't remember what I did tho.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version