Allotment Stuff > The Basics

glysophate free weedkiller

<< < (5/6) > >>

Paulh:
Watch out: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exploding_trousers

Beersmith:
My word.

It's like being back in the school chemistry lab!  Lesson 7: The effects of strong oxidising agents.

That reminds me. I may still have the remains of 500 g of ammonium sulphamate that I bought long since  kicking about somewhere Very effective herbicide, degrades in a reasonable time and the end product is standard ammonium sulphate, the fertilizer.

Anyone still using Bordeaux mixture? Now that is a rather nasty throwback to times gone by!

Tee Gee:

--- Quote ---Anyone still using Bordeaux mixture? Now that is a rather nasty throwback to times gone by!

--- End quote ---

Speaking of times gone by; I gang remember the days when the staple Gardeners aides were; DDT, Paraquat, and Nicotine.

I can remember foraging in the gutters for cigarette ends which were immersed in a bucket of water  and the resultant fluid was used as an insecticide.

But then like now most people new the dangers of these products and handled them accordingly whereas the gungho types tended to overdo it thus giving these a worse name than they really deserved.. Then like always it was these few that caused the bad press.

BarriedaleNick:

--- Quote from: Beersmith on March 25, 2021, 19:58:30 ---Anyone still using Bordeaux mixture? Now that is a rather nasty throwback to times gone by!

--- End quote ---

I think I still have some from a few years back when I bulk ordered for the guys down the plot.
Stuff works though.

Beersmith:

--- Quote from: BarriedaleNick on March 26, 2021, 11:54:44 ---
--- Quote from: Beersmith on March 25, 2021, 19:58:30 ---Anyone still using Bordeaux mixture? Now that is a rather nasty throwback to times gone by!

--- End quote ---

I think I still have some from a few years back when I bulk ordered for the guys down the plot.
Stuff works though.

--- End quote ---

It's game over, man!

Time to take off and nuke em from space. It's the only way to be sure.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version