Produce > Non Edible Plants

Cosmos

(1/2) > >>

woodypecks:
Never grown Cosmos before , they look so pretty ! So I started some seeds on my windowsill and am surprised at  how fast they germinated !  :icon_cheers:   So now I,m thinking would it actually be better to just throw these seeds down on the earth and let them germinate where I want them to grow ? That way I would save all the faffing about pricking them out ,potting them on and using  up all my expensive compost .   AND ....is it too early to sow them outside yet ? Should I just go for it ?    :coffee2: Debbie  :wave:

Flighty:
Lovely flowers, I grow lots of them.  I start some off in pots on the windowsill, and most I direct sow during April. 
It's easy to save seed, or let them self-seed for the following year.

woodypecks:
Thanks Flighty . I saw your pictures of your beautiful Cosmos on your blog and just knew I had to grow some of them ! I follow your blog but can't comment as I don't have a wordpress account . I am very inspired by all your lovely photographs .  :coffee2: Thanks for the Cosmos advice .The ones on my windowsill are getting a bit leggy , another good reason to direct sow I think ! Many thanks again !  :wave: Debbie

Flighty:
You're welcome.  Thanks, that's good to know.  You should be able to comment on my blog regardless, I'll recheck the settings.  Good for you.  A pleasure.  Take care.  xx

Obelixx:
Cosmos is one of the few flowers OH recognises so I sowed some here the first spring and it came back by itself the following year.  After that the bed had a major overhaul because of repeated droughts.   I shall try Cosmos again elsewhere this year and have bought seeds for some hot yellow and orange ones.

I've just been reading your blog for the first time Flighty - too cold to garden with this horrid northerly wind.   Good read.   Coincidence tho.   We lived near you before we moved to Belgium 30 years ago!    Sandringham Crescent.   Is the fish shop still there on the corner? 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version