Produce > Edible Plants

Seed Saving Circle 2021

<< < (20/27) > >>

Deb P:
I think it’s a great gift for a gardener, I think I’d quite enjoy putting one together! Not necessarily the cheapest route though as you say!

galina:
Thank you Jan.  Quite a lot of work on your part.  And very useful additional info for my seed information databases.  Really happy to have this resource available. 

I got your link with an invitation to register.  But it seems that last year's link still works.  Maybe only new seed circle members need to create a password etc?  Or should we all do that for some organisational reasons?

Thank you Jan and everybody who contributed info.   

markfield rover:
Thank you from me too , much appreciated. I share the seeds with friends so all that lovely information really helps ( makes me sound like I know stuff) . Not sure I can sit on my hands for much longer although the weather is filthy! So watch out lettuces I have you in my sights …. Cheers everyone, let the sowing commence…..

galina:
Sowed lettuces today and some dark coloured pea seeds.  The yellow green marrowfats have to wait a bit longer. 

JanG:
Thanks Markfield Rover and Galina. In answer to your question about creating a new password, I wouldn’t have thought so. I simply gave the link again in case you might have lost it. But the finances of Airtable are a mystery to me. I ran close to having to pay for the amount of data I have on all the bases I have, which are several growing logs. But yesterday I got credit for inviting Markfield Rover to Airtable, an unexpected and incomprehensible effect. So whatever MR did was very helpful and might cover me for future data!

Ditto, lettuces, peas and peppers. From the seed circle, I’ve sown Galina’s and Ruud’s pepper seeds (I wish I could get better at isolating pepper flowers for true seed), Vetivert’s Bronze Arrow and Markfield Rover’s Northern Queen lettuce. All beautifully coming to life.

I found Turkish Snake chilli pepper failed to germinate when I first sowed it in a pot. But I then put a few seeds in damp kitchen paper and slowly they began to germinate. I wonder whether anyone else has found it germinates more slowly and responds to a little extra care. I’m very pleased to see it coming to life as it looks amazing!

I’ve just realised I’ve left Silverleaf’s beans off the database. Apologies Silverleaf. I hope to add them in the next day or so.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version