Climbing Bean
Angel/Engelsbohne/Monstrance
Oude Sloveense Boterboon
Grand-mère

Lettuce
Bronze Arrowhead
White-seeded Samara

Senposai (European Cabbage x Komatsuna)

In addition I hope to include the mammoth Dutch runner 'Boerentenen', to complement Markfield's Judion, but I've yet to harvest the pods and with recent weather have no idea how well they've ripened. Fingers crossed.

galina:
Let's see what is dry or what will be. 

Climbing French beans Hewitt and Phil's.  Hewitt is dual use and Phil's is a pencil podded green bean.  Hewitt came from HSL via Jayb who is the donor of my first seeds.  Phil's come from a USA seed swap some 20 years ago.  The donor's neighbour Phil had died and left a huge row of his fabulous tall green beans behind in his garden.  My swap partner took some of these bean seeds.  There was quite a discussion about what variety they might be.  Possibly Kentucky Blue.  However I have bought KB since and those while similar, weren't a patch on Phil's.  Both beans are tall and stringless.  Only proviso is that our new neighbour has bees.  While I hope there will not be an undue amount of crossing, I do not yet fully understand how, if at all, these bees affect any bean crossing rates. 

We also have Hungarian pepper Sipka Belaja, which I have shared once before.  Early, nice fruity, short pods, hot, bright shiny red, but not lethal. 

Purple tomatillos were good this year.  And also the little ground cherries, which are also a repeat.  Maybe a pea, have to see what I have enough of to share. 

Love seeing what others are offering.  This is going to be a good swap.  Thank you.   

JanG:
Great to have your likely offerings, Vetivert and Galina, and thanks for the detailed information, Galina. It's very good to have the stories behind the beans etc.

It's becoming a wonderfully exciting list of varieties.

Another update:

Silverleaf
Vetivert Broad Bean, El Beano; Climbing Bean, Angel/Engelsbohne/Monstrance, Oude Sloveense Boterboon, Grand-mère; Lettuce[/b Bronze Arrowhead, White-seeded Samara; Senposai (European Cabbage x Komatsuna); Runner bean, Boerentenen?
Galina Climbing French bean, Hewitt, Phil’s; Pepper, Sipka Belaja; purple tomatillos; ground cherry
Ruud
JanG: Tomatoes, Azoychka, Sweet Aperitif, Jen’s Tangerine, Primabella; Peas Rosakrone, Opal Creek, Champion of England; Dwarf FB, Saint Esprit d’oeil Rouge
Markfield Rover: Beetroot..Long Blood Red: Lettuce…Northern Queen; Turnip…Veitch’s Red Globe: Cime Di Rape , Quarantina

markfield rover:
I have the Judion bean and the “Rocket “ which I need to label carefully as I don’t know the true name , it’s just jolly nice! To add to the above.

galina:
Also enough seeds of climbing French beans Reading Purple from HSL and Mazlenk Visok Dolgi Stroki, a pencil podded yellow bean from Bohnenatlas.  Originally from Slovenia.  Sorry no photos.  Here is Reading Purple from HSL, but I must say that mine were longer than the ones on the photo, many with 9 seeds inside and I would take the 'stringless when young' to mean 'when very young'.  Basically I would call them a bean with strings. Nevertheless a good bean with high yields, that is worth growing.   https://hsl.gardenorganic.org.uk/seedlist/french-bean/reading-purple

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version