Produce > Edible Plants

Seed Saving Circle 2021

<< < (26/27) > >>

galina:
Big wave to MarkfieldRover and Vetivert.  Hangman's door is growing extremely fast and the generous number of blood red purple pods are filling nicely already.  Senposai is proving to be a very nice 'green', we have been picking individual cabbagey leaves for the kitchen for a month now.  Unfortunately the slugs love them too.  Great 'hungry gap' crop.  Will try my best to save seeds for future years. 

galina:
Forgot to mention the super lettuces from 3 sources.  Well here is a picture of my lunchtime lettuce plate. 

JanG:
Yes, I second your appreciation of the lettuces. I’m looking forward, in the next day or two, to the first harvest of some impressive looking heads of White Seeded Samara

galina:
Joy this morning, at long last the nasturtium has 'pepe'd out of the soil.  Did not appreciate that it could take such a long time, but clearly it does.  The foliage is very dark.  Excited, as I had given up on it.   

JanG:
It’s a lovely dark leaf, isn’t it? I grew it last year and again this year from my own saved seed. This year I’ve gone rather overboard with different nasturtiums so imagine I won’t be able to save it as a pure variety again but hopefully it will share its dark-leaved genes liberally.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version