Produce > Edible Plants

Seed Saving Circle 2021

<< < (3/27) > >>

JanG:
Vetivert, your Wild Garden Mix sounds very interesting! Frank Morton has created such a vibrant range.

About five years ago, I had quite a few of Frank Morton’s lettuce varieties from Wild Garden Seeds. I was especially interested in spotted varieties as my son was developing a project with spotted lettuces. (London Freedom Seed Bank). Included in the ones I got was a mix called, at the time, Frank Morton’s Secret Mix. I still grow a few most years and they’ve continued to germinate. Most enjoyable! It sounds like your Wild Garden Mix has an even wider diversity.

I’ll check my Redventure seedlings when I get out to the greenhouse, and let you know. I also have them growing next to celeriac but hopefully labelled! 🤞🤞

Silverleaf:
Now look what you’ve made me do! I’m all excited about seeds now and I’ve ordered 9 varieties of tomato from Croatia. As if I haven’t got enough tomato seeds already! ;)

Silverleaf:
Probably not sowing them all this year, but maybe I can squeeze a couple in somewhere?

JanG:
That does sound exciting.  You can always tell yourself that tomato seeds keep for ages, but I find I just have to grow them THIS year! I have loads too many too.

Would be great to hear what you've ordered. Interesting colours? Hope they arrive soon!

JanG:

Have your Redventure seedlings shown any colouration on the stems? I've cleverly sown them in a tray next to celeriac, forgot to label and now have no idea which row is which.

Vetivert, there's definitely red colouration in the Redventure seedlings.
The snag is that in my celeriac seedlings there's a bit off red colouration too, but there's definitely more in the Redventure.
Not a very clear photo but Giant Prague celeriac to the right and Redventure to the left. I think you should be able to tell them apart when they're a month or so old. Mine were sown 6th Feb.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version