Author Topic: The eyeball from hell  (Read 2478 times)

ACE

• Hectare
The eyeball from hell
« on: March 19, 2021, 06:26:24 »
Went and had my second eye done for the cataract yesterday, the first one was a doddle, this one was very different. Since getting Bells palsey a couple of years ago the right side of my face has never fully regained the control I have in the left side. The op went on for ages, a proper white knuckle ride. The eye would not stay  where they wanted it to so a lot of poking and clamping. The numbing drops stopped working and it was very painful. I have to go back up the clinic this morning to check it is all right, (fingers crossed). If that had happened on the first op I would not have gone back for the second one.

JanG

• Hectare
  • Gardening on fen silt
Re: The eyeball from hell
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2021, 06:46:35 »
Sounds awful, Ace. Fingers tightly crossed that the clinic check brings good news and reassurance, and that the results at least partly make the horrible experience seem a bit more worthwhile in the long run. 🤞🤞🤞

pumkinlover

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2021, 08:09:33 »
Sounds dreadful. Just hope that everything has been worth it for the results you get.

Palustris

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2021, 08:37:34 »
Horrible. Please let us know how it progresses.
Gardening is the great leveller.

Tee Gee

• Hectare
  • Huddersfield - Light humus rich soil
    • The Gardener's Almanac
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2021, 10:17:48 »
Reminds me of my second treatment which to me didn't go as well as the first one did.

I remembered the nurse who prepared me for my op saying not to compare the surgeon that was doing my second eye with the one who did the first as each surgeon have different ways of carrying out the procedure/ s.

Now I am not sure if this was a diplomatic view from the nurse or that she new that the second surgeon was as good as the first!

Either way I won't ever know.

Hope you visit today results in you being told all is well and just carry on putting your drops in!

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2021, 11:04:01 »
Yep, just keep doing the drops and come back in 3 weeks.  I will take that as all's well then. Can somebody dim the lights it's a bit bright here.

Beersmith

• Hectare
  • Duston, Northampton. Loam / sand.
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2021, 20:12:04 »
Commiserations. Sounds like you had a really rough time.

Hope it all goes well from here!
Not mad, just out to mulch!

woodypecks

• Hectare
    • Daisy in the Garden
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2021, 06:34:05 »
Oh ! So sorry to hear this Ace . I hope you are beginning to feel more comfortable now . Sending  you healing vibes . :coffee2: Debbie x
Trespassers will be composted !

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2021, 08:05:05 »
Chin up ACE... new week and things should start to improve with time..

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2021, 11:54:26 »
A lot better today, a week of blurry vision and a lot of gummy eye and floaters, today things have improved no end. Had to dig out the old Raybans as it is so bright even when it is cloudy, I even had to tone down the pc monitor. Now I can see what all the hoo haa is about with the HD telly. It used to all look the same to me.

tricia

• Hectare
  • Torbay, Devon
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2021, 13:59:11 »
 Glad to hear things are getting better Ace, onwards and upwards!

Tricia  :wave:

Tiny Clanger

• Acre
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2021, 16:05:28 »
Wishing you a speedy and painfree recovery.
I expect to pass through this world but once; any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now; let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal