Author Topic: Celtuce  (Read 5923 times)

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
Re: Celtuce
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2021, 16:28:00 »
Mirabelles here are small, bland, greeny yellow and very sweet.   I like dark plus with flavour, both fresh and cooked, but haven't come across one yet I want to plant here and I'm still negotiating a fruit cage with OH as when I do plant for us I want the fruits.  The birds are welcome to the mirabelles and the cherries previous owners have planted.  I'll just enjoy the blossom and buzzing of bees.

I have a couple of pear trees and an apricot outside plus two nectarines and a peach that have spent winter in pots in the polytunnel.  Once I have those planted in a permanent spot I'll turn my attention to apples.   Golden and red delicious, Gala and other standard SM varieties do not excite me at all so I need some tasty ones.
Obxx - Vendée France

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2021, 11:57:05 »
Well I have just sown some celtuce seeds.
I just need to go and clear some land to plant stuff out - it has gone from a sticky mess to concrete in 3 weeks here and we are already watering profusely.
Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

Tiny Clanger

• Acre
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2021, 12:53:12 »
Mine are just about a centimeter high.  I will sow some more today  :wave:
I expect to pass through this world but once; any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now; let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal