Author Topic: First time plotting for a fortnight  (Read 2102 times)

ACE

• Hectare
First time plotting for a fortnight
« on: February 05, 2021, 10:24:26 »
I cannot remember the last time it did not rain here, So with the morning feeling like spring I ventured to the plot. Wet through on the plot itself but I managed to pick some kale and strim all the surrounding paths. Now I need to change into clean clothes as I am covered in wet strimmings, somebody will not be happy I only changed them before I went out. Early into the year I know but I had better take my quarterly scrub down and shower again :toothy10: Prediction of snow tomorrow, better not blink or I will miss it.

Beersmith

• Hectare
  • Duston, Northampton. Loam / sand.
Re: First time plotting for a fortnight
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2021, 12:07:27 »
Been a bit wet hereabouts too!

P.S. Not my plot but a nearish neighbour. Partly due to being in a dip, but it has compensations, in drought conditions crops in this part of the field do better than most.
Not mad, just out to mulch!

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2021, 12:54:13 »
Squelchy here too so no gardening at all and my To Do list is just getting longer and longer.

Itching to sow seeds now but we're in for another cold spell so the PT will not be hospitable for seedlings yet and it is so grey and dull that they'd stretch anyway.
Obxx - Vendée France

pumkinlover

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2021, 07:43:10 »
I am wanting to get caught up too but it's either frozen or like a quagmire.
Keep walking round for Brussels and kale.

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2021, 10:14:32 »
I have managed a few time in the last week, we have had a 13C heatwave one day.  There is some new manure, so I have managed to fill a compost bin.  And I have taken some parsley and sprouts.  There is lots of Russian kale, but I prefer to eat the flower heads.  But the next week is going to be cold so I shall be snuggled up inside.   The soil is very soggy particularly the paths. the goosegrass is already getting active so I have been doing a bit of hoeing. 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal