Author Topic: cookies  (Read 2906 times)

lezelle

• Acre
cookies
« on: December 29, 2020, 11:17:37 »
Hi Ya, I am trying to access a website I use and it keeps telling me to enable cookies on my web browser. How do I do that? I have somehow done something, can I reset the whole computor to what it was. I'm no computor buff infact pretty thick about them so any advice would be most welcome thanks

Palustris

• Hectare
Re: cookies
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2020, 11:49:06 »
Which Browser are you using?
Which Windows version?
Gardening is the great leveller.

lezelle

• Acre
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2020, 12:44:12 »
Hiya, I am in windows 10 and I think my web browser is microsoft edge. I have had a look in settings but nothing makes sense. Thanks for help

Palustris

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2020, 14:26:56 »
Click the gear-shaped Settings button in the top-right corner of the window. Click Internet options. Click the Privacy tab. Click Advanced, then make sure "Always allow session cookies" is checked.
    Navigate to Settings. ...
    Select "Update & security"
    Click Recovery in the left pane.
    Windows presents you with three major options: Reset this PC, Go back to an earlier build and Advanced startup. ...
    Click Get started under Reset this PC.
You should then get a choice of dates to reset to. Choose one from before you altered things.

lezelle

• Acre
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2021, 13:39:22 »
Hi Ya, Thanks I followed the route and all came back. My only problem is I went to shop on line at amazon and ebay and they tell me to enable cookies. I have done a search but lost again now and cannot find what to change to get in Cheers

Palustris

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2021, 16:13:30 »
How to enable cookies in Edge?

Open the Microsoft Edge.
    Click on the More actions button on the toolbar, and select Settings.
    Search for View advanced settings and click on it.
    Under Cookies section, select to either Don't block cookies (default), Block only third party cookies.
    Restart Edge.

lezelle

• Acre
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2021, 10:02:35 »
Hi Ya, I followed the advice and all seems to be running normally at last. It crazes me that there are so many different things can trip you up. Anyway I can get about better now and thankyou for all your help.

Palustris

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2021, 13:30:04 »
Try getting a Top up on a Mobile phone from TMobile if you want real frustration.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal