Author Topic: The Traditional Xmas may be your last (certainly your Granny's last)  (Read 1836 times)

Vinlander

• Hectare
  • North London - heavy but fertile clay
In my house we postponed Xmas way back in November - surely it's a no-brainer - with vaccines in the game it could be as little as a month before our "at risk" loved ones will be safe to have a proper get-together.

Yes the "new variant" virus might put a spoke in that initially, but my personal opinion is that at least one of the new vaccines will probably knock the virus for six.

We need some decent slogans or buzz-phrases (singularly lacking from the current government).

What about "Easter is the new Xmas" when we can celebrate properly and safely.

If that's overtaken by events then "Save it for an Australian Xmas - throw another prawn on the barbie for Santa in summer 2021".

A government grant NOW for proper VE and VJ street parties after vaccines turn the tide might also take the sting out of losing all those celebrations we find it so painful to miss.

If you agree please push this idea out on social media - careless talk trolling sensible behaviour like masks etc. has already cost us thousands of lives - often our most cherished family and friends - a few slogans and jingles (like the above or better) could reverse the rot.

Cheers.

With a microholding you always get too much or bugger-all. (I'm fed up calling it an allotment garden - it just encourages the tidy-police).

The simple/complex split is more & more important: Simple fertilisers Poor, complex ones Good. Simple (old) poisons predictable, others (new) the opposite.

ACE

• Hectare
Re: The Traditional Xmas may be your last (certainly your Granny's last)
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2020, 07:44:46 »
Good idea but it needs to be kept secret until a week before, if they can surprise us  with a lock down they can surprise us with a festival. If it is kept under wraps then there will be no shop fest, no adverts urging us to be over indulgent  and best of all the old crooners will not be able to rehash their sentimental trashy music. A gift wrapped courgette will also get rid of the annual glut.

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
Re: The Traditional Xmas may be your last (certainly your Granny's last)
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2020, 12:26:54 »
I think a summer of street parties sound like a good idea.  We have a great one, socially distanced.   Great singer does the 40's  favourites and some late ones as well. 
And courgettes as prezzies sounds brilliant.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal