Author Topic: It takes one stupid person  (Read 2170 times)

ACE

• Hectare
It takes one stupid person
« on: December 20, 2020, 12:23:32 »
My wife sits with an old lady a few days a week. The old ladies daughter came for a visit gave her mum a kiss then a day later she finds out she has covid. Missus has a weekly test because of her job usually OK'ed a day later, this week sods law it has not come back as quickly. We need to get our bit of xmas food in but dare not go out until she has the negative (fingers crossed) results. Prezzies for the grandchildren might also have to wait to be delivered. Thinking positive, surely they would have sent the result pronto if she had been infected and the kippers tasted lovely for breakfast so we have not lost the tastebuds.  Don't think we are lucky being in tier one, not allowed to travel anywhere as the ferries dock at higher levels on the north island. Also the beer pigs come over day tripping and then mix with our beer pigs so it is still not safe to go out as often as we would like.

peanuts

• Hectare
Re: It takes one stupid person
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2020, 16:33:03 »
Oh Ace, do hope your missus gets a negative result, and that you can stay safe. 

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2020, 18:55:58 »
Just what you needed for Xmas Ace.  I hope you and your missus will be OK. 
Obxx - Vendée France

Tulipa

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2020, 22:23:18 »
Hi Ace I hope her test comes back negative for all of yours' sake.  Fingers crossed for you both.

pumkinlover

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2020, 07:30:15 »
Oh no after all your care to keep safe.  Fingers crossed for you and Sue.
Hope the old lady is ok too.

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2020, 09:12:50 »
I hope all is well Ace - you are right it only takes one person and it can get out of hand.
I have been talking to my old work mates - there are 6 in the office and one manager. Five of the guys in the office have all tested positive and one of them is quite unwell.  That's what happens when you are in close contact.
Stay safe..
Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2020, 10:08:01 »
It seems to be ripping through this time, hope your mates are fit enough to fight it off. Still no word back from testing although the other girls who take shifts with the old lady have had their results and all negative, the old lady herself seems alright as well. Just the daughter who should have known better than to give her old mum a kiss. My wife is off for a week anyway now so no more chancing it for a while. We just do not want to take a chance on  spreading  it ourselves. Might try and explain the situation to the testing station and see if they will test both of us.

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2020, 10:18:30 »
Hope you get a negative result soon. Al has to self test twice a week and they have all come back negative so far... she is working in Hospitals and clinics up to and including Christmas Eve...

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2020, 08:11:29 »
Well that's the shortest day over with, but it was  really like the  longest day for us. Still no result back but I think we would have had a few symptoms by now. Not supposed to go and get tested unless you are showing some so they won't do me but my wife can have another today as it is work related.

Tulipa

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2020, 10:00:06 »
Saddad please say Thank You to your wife for all she is doing xxx

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal