General > News

Seeds from UK to Ireland and Europe

<< < (3/6) > >>

BarriedaleNick:

--- Quote from: galina on December 03, 2020, 17:58:41 ---https://www.samenhaus.de/

--- End quote ---

That's a great site - I'm sure Ill be ordering from them at some point.  Good range and lots of familiar stuff with some unfamiliar varieties too.

galina:

--- Quote from: ed dibbles on December 03, 2020, 20:08:38 ---I thought seeds did not need a phytosanitary certificate. I have ordered seeds from the USA before without a problem. Their website (Bakers Creek) clearly states that seeds dont need certification - only plants. :happy7:

--- End quote ---
They also state very clearly that any losses in customs will not be refunded and that many packages have been impounded.  You may be lucky with a small seed order, but only because they do not check every tiny envelope.  :BangHead:

galina:

--- Quote from: pumpkinlover on December 04, 2020, 07:35:53 ---I was wondering about the Franchi seeds as they have such a good choice and are good seeds. Hopefully, they will still be available.

--- End quote ---
  Real Seeds who cooperate with ReinSaat of Austria have warned a little time ago that they will have huge problems importing seeds.  Franchi who are selling Italian produced seeds will have the same problem on a larger scale.  Stockpiling ahead of Brexit will I am sure make it possible to buy their seeds for a while, but what happens after is anybody's guess.  Buy ahead and stick in the freezer in an airtight jar like Digeroo suggested. 

On the other hand if this phytosanitary certificate is per shipment and say a shipment consists of 1500 seed packets, then the extra cost to the end customer in UK per packet would only be 10p.  A relatively small price rise.  I think Franchi sell way more than 1500 seed packets given their popularity.  It may be far less of a problem for the larger companies than the small ones like Realseeds. 
  :wave:

Digeroo:
Franchi have been operating in the UK for quite a number of years.  But I cannot remember them before that.  I bought some of their seeds in Italy before they were available here and enjoyed getting more seeds for the money.
The Guy who runs it did a Zoom talk a while ago and he speaks English without an Italian accent. 
They will have to pay to register their seeds here, so I expect their prices to go up.   My husband is not happy about all the seeds bunging up the freezer.
I would expect them to be sensible and to have shipped next years supplies already. 

BarriedaleNick:
So Franchi seeds will no longer ship to the EU as they are UK based.
"We deeply regret that due to brexit, we can no longer send seeds to any EU country or to Northern Ireland."
The same goes both ways for all seed sellers - so I cannot order from the UK which is a minor pain and most of you guys can't order from the EU..

However there does seem to be some hope. 

"For other seed and propagating material the EU have indicated that they intend to grant bilateral equivalence for fruit and vegetable propagating material following a vote in the PAFF committee and they also intend to progress with a Council Decision for agricultural species and forest reproductive material. At this stage we do not have confirmation of timings, but we will continue to press for further details"

I take it to mean that normal service will be resumed? 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version