Author Topic: A guide to your area  (Read 2364 times)

ACE

• Hectare
A guide to your area
« on: November 27, 2020, 07:22:38 »
Tier 1: Pints
Tier 2: Pints with chips
Tier 3: No pints.

pumkinlover

Re: A guide to your area
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2020, 07:52:34 »
That about sums it up Ace.

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2020, 09:01:04 »
Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2020, 11:04:24 »
I'll have to pinch that one.

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2020, 13:19:40 »
No pints or glasses of wine or even just a coffee here till Jan 20th and no restaurants or cafés open for food either.   

As of yesterday we can now go out for 3 hours of exercise a day and up to 20kms from home so tomorrow we're heading to the nearest beach with the dogs to get some sea air and sounds.   From 15/12 we can travel between departments (counties) but there will still be a curfew from 9pm to 7am across the entire country except on Xmas and NY Eve.

If infection rates don't rise after the festivities there will be a relaxation of some sort but, if not, back to stricter lockdown again till Jan 20th by which time it is hoped a programme of vaccinations will have begun.  Either way, universities won't go back before Jan 20th.

There are people in towns and cities who are not observing lockdown protocols but not round here and not when I do the weekly SM run.

I suspect that allowing just 5 days for everyone who wants to to move up and down the UK for Xmas is a recipe for log jams, traffic jams, accidents and increased infection rates.

Stay safe and be sensible folks.

Obxx - Vendée France

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2020, 18:15:22 »
Here in Cartaxo there are curfews and temporary restraints on travel but life is pretty normal.
Can't be out after 11pm but I'm normally akip anyway.
Weekends there is a curfew at 1pm but I forgot yesterday and was out on my bike - loads of people out but there are exceptions anyway esp for rural areas
Bars are not really open but most places serve food so you can have a drink and a meal in 90% of places.  Went out for two meals last week but the places were empty so I guess people are enforcing their own restrictions.  It was really busy out today but if I have read it right tomorrow is a holiday and everything is shut..
Everyone wears masks all the time, no fuss or bother but distancing is slowly going out the window.  Over the nest couple of holiday weekends we cannot travel out of our province and that is it..
In short everyone here is pretty well behaved and life goes on - more restrictions are added on a local basis if cases rise..
Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2020, 06:08:04 »
We are in the 1% of Britain that is tier 1 so after tomorrow everything is back to normal apart from a 10 oclock last orders. Not that any of it affects me. Still too many silent assassins  roaming about to risk mixing with anyone. Still go out on my bike to roam the empty beaches and cast out a rod for an hour. But might stay in a bit more now winter is coming. Jab on the horizon so it would be silly to ease up after 10 months of keeping safe. I still spray the allotment gate every time I touch it as I noticed nobody else is bothering now. My wife has a test every week because of her job but she only has one old lady she sits with as a companion.

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2020, 07:43:52 »
OH still working in the NHS, so has to test twice a week... fairly certain we are in Tier three.

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2020, 12:02:53 »
We headed off to a beach yesterday and it was glorious.  Empty too so we could let the dogs off for a run.  The only people we saw was a group of 5 surfres just leaving the water as we arrived and a woman finishing a solitary walk.   It was wonderful - golden sands, blue skies, golden sun and the waves breaking and water foaming.

We too are planning to be careful till the vaccines are rolled out so no social gatherings and shopping limited to essentials.

Stay safe everyone.
Obxx - Vendée France

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2020, 14:19:36 »
Thank goodness for the allotment and Zoom and deliveries from Asda.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal