Author Topic: anyone would think it is christmas  (Read 2639 times)

ACE

• Hectare
anyone would think it is christmas
« on: November 04, 2020, 12:54:49 »
I've got my xmas jumper on, not because it is xmas but it was a bit too nippy for a just a tee shirt this morning and the xmas jumper is so big on me now all it is fit for is slopping around at the allotment when it is cold.

gray1720

• Hectare
Re: anyone would think it is christmas
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2020, 13:06:33 »
That's a sign of how hard you've worked on your health, Ace, you should treat it as a mark of a good job well done! Doubtless it won't be long before it bears the marks of many good jobs well done... and that may be the best use of a Christmas jumper n 2020 anyway...
My garden is smaller than your Rome, but my pilum is harder than your sternum!

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2020, 14:55:46 »
Was nippy here too... first frost of the season this morning... very slight, even the Dahlias seem to have shrugged it off, but I took the big banana plant into the greenhouse to be safe...
Christmas jumpers sound like a good idea...

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2020, 18:06:22 »
I have never owned an Xmas jumper or felt the urge to buy or make one.   However, I can sympathise with the "too baggy to wear out" problem after losing 12 kilos since lockdown 1.

Perversely, I can now get into all sorts of non gardening clothes I haven't worn in ages including smart and casual jeans, trousers, tops, jumpers and jackets but have nowhere to go except the weekly raid on the supermarket.
Obxx - Vendée France

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2020, 18:42:49 »
It was a joke xmas jumper. but I was over 20 stone when I got it. Now down to fourteen and a half it just don't look funny anymore. Old clothes from the attic have also been used but now too big, jeans need braces as they are 48" and I was 36" a couple of weeks ago, that has also changed again. Got a new pair but they are starting to slip down, I'll wait until after xmas before I get some more. More gardening clothes than I can shake a stick at. I'll bung most of them in the Sally Bash bin soon.

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2020, 20:14:05 »
My daughter (25) would love that.
Obxx - Vendée France

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2020, 07:39:01 »
I lost weight too.  Too much allotmenting!!  Not much else to do.
Took over the plot next to mine no one wanted it.   It was covered in creeping thistles.  I pulled up well over 1000.   It grew well in spite of the weeds.  I think several people regretted rejecting it.

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2020, 07:43:28 »
A good crop of weeds, especially stinging nettles is the sign of a fertile plot! Well done with the creeping thistles!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal