Author Topic: Shed guttering - is 125mm overkill  (Read 1881 times)

gray1720

• Hectare
Shed guttering - is 125mm overkill
« on: October 03, 2020, 17:22:25 »
OK, I know the shed isn't really for allotment-related stuff, but where else to put a shed query?

I'm awaiting delivery of a 10' shed and, by coincidence, I have a 3m length of guttering lying around. I'm thinking in terms of putting it up one side of the shed (round the side overhanging my boundary with the parish councils stray bit of grass) and running to a water butt - might as well use any water I can get.

However (you knew there was a but) it's 125mm, which seems to be a less common size - is that going to be overkill? I can buy a length of 112mm, but as I've got the 125mm, and am allergic to throwing stuff I could use away...

Your thoughts welcomed!

Adrian
My garden is smaller than your Rome, but my pilum is harder than your sternum!

ancellsfarmer

• Hectare
  • Plot is London clay, rich in Mesozoic fossils
Re: Shed guttering - is 125mm overkill
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2020, 19:29:51 »
In my book , use it , as the 'price is right'. Do you have its brackets?, if not, it will sit well on  6" RW Nails with a  loop of coathanger wire to tie down. An old long sock to link to butt, doubles as filter and avoids the need for (unnecessary) downspout. Jobs a goodun!
Freelance cultivator qualified within the University of Life.

gray1720

• Hectare
Re: Shed guttering - is 125mm overkill
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2020, 21:14:20 »
Sounds good to me - I think I have enough spare downpipe (you'd be amazed at the random junk lwft when we moved in) and bends that all I need is a stopend and a slow end (whatever they are called), and I'm good. I guess better too much than too little!
My garden is smaller than your Rome, but my pilum is harder than your sternum!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal