Author Topic: mulch  (Read 2128 times)

ACE

• Hectare
mulch
« on: September 19, 2020, 12:46:05 »
The plot holder a couple of plots away from me has just had a delivery of eucalyptus chippings, what a wonderful aroma drifting over the site this morning. I had to google it when I got home thinking the oils might leech from her paths. But it is down a being beneficial for keeping down bugs an nasties and acts just like a normal mulch. Also supposed in some countries to give off an antiseptic to  covid 19.

Vetivert

• Half Acre
  • Sussex
Re: mulch
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2020, 14:15:03 »
Ahh, must be invigorating with a cool breeze. I used to really enjoy the delish smell of cocoa hull mulch, haven't seen them around much of late.

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2020, 18:53:52 »
I think there was a problem with dogs, poisonous to them and of course dogs will chew anything woody unfortunately  :BangHead:

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2020, 21:58:37 »
My pair don't chew woody stuff be it furniture, trees, shrubs or chipped bark but the cocoa shells were a problem for dogs that do cos chocolate is poisonous to dogs.
Obxx - Vendée France

Paulh

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2020, 23:24:33 »
Many years ago, my mother placed a chocolate cake on the table for tea while I and my brother were watching TV. A little later she came back and exploded because three quarters of it had gone. We protested that we had not eaten any of it. Our beloved Jip at this point began to slink out of the room ...

So far as I can remember, it did him no harm and he lived several years longer.

My mother died three months ago and we are clearing out the house. In her dressing table with her jewelry was Jip's name tag. Well, tag might be more accurate because on one side it has contact details and on the other when the engraver asked "Name?", Mum gave our surname ...

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal