Author Topic: soup maker  (Read 3342 times)

ACE

• Hectare
soup maker
« on: September 17, 2020, 14:34:49 »
She came back from the charity shop with a vonchef soupmaker.  Gave it a steam clean and tried it out. Just bung all the veggies in the thing, drop of water and switch on.  Great soup enough for four. Lacking in salt for me but a secret sprinkle when nobody was looking :angel11:. Get one if you see one,  A quick phone call and Alexa can switch it on if you are out digging and tilling. Nice meal when you get home.

ancellsfarmer

• Hectare
  • Plot is London clay, rich in Mesozoic fossils
Re: soup maker
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2020, 17:36:44 »
Mrs AF bought me one for Christmas before last. Great device, no veg is safe however ugly! Recommend the Knorr jelly stock pots as a base. Season to taste at 3mins before finish. Believe it will do pickles and sauces as well but need the extra recipe guide.
Freelance cultivator qualified within the University of Life.

pumkinlover

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2020, 08:10:33 »
What are they like to clean?
 I make a batch of vegetable soup every few days and blitz it with a  hand held food blender.
Any gadget I buy has to be very much thought about as we have a very small kitchen, and easy to clean.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2020, 08:20:32 »
The blade goes under the hot tap and the jug gets washed as normal. Some of the newer ones have a glass/pyrex jug which should be even easier to clean. Takes up less room than a kettle.  Whoops just been told by a proper washer up that you fill it with hot water and give it a whizz.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2020, 08:28:08 by ACE »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal