Author Topic: Security  (Read 5182 times)

moupwser

Security
« on: August 05, 2020, 17:33:12 »
After a couple of burglaries in recent months we realise we need to improve our security with securitiy lighting, CCTV and possibly alarms.  We are in a rural location and there is no electricity on site.  Any advice? Do you know any suppliers who deal with situations such as ours. 

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
Re: Security
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2020, 17:48:07 »
We have a solar powered light outside what has become the main entrance to our house - in a side annex where we can bring in mucky dogs and all the shopping without shipping muck and mess in the house.  It has a motion sensor so it comes on when there's movement and is very bright.

We also have a trail camera down the garden and that has its own solar panel to power it and a wee weather station that sends data to a screen in the house so I expect there's a solar powered alarm out there somewhere.

Your main problem would be siting them where thieves wouldn't be able to get to them and steal them too.
Obxx - Vendée France

moupwser

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2020, 18:18:10 »
Thanks for this.  I think we will be looking to install a very tall steal post to site the equipment.

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2020, 20:02:57 »
Good luck.  Not pleasant to have stuff nicked.
Obxx - Vendée France

lezelle

• Acre
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2020, 08:36:07 »
Hi Ya, Security is a nightmare as there has been more problems since this lockdown than ever according to the news. The lights that Galina has put the link to are good and all year round. Very bright and motion sensitive. I have them around the place and you can also get the smaller half size ones. I can recommend them but they do need some sunshine so if the are shadowed may not be so good.

Tiny Clanger

• Acre
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2020, 10:20:29 »
Hi, I have heard that Sky offer some kind of relay service with internet.  Your security could work off that.  We are in Warwickshire.  I think there is a guy just over the border in Leicestershire who installs. H puts lots of security into stable blocks ext where valuable horses and machinery are kept.
I expect to pass through this world but once; any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now; let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2020, 14:20:47 »
We had a drunk intruder on site mid afternoon, yours truly was pushed over a low hedge. As he climbed out of the site over one of our neighbours back fence I took a couple of pics with my phone and reported the incident to the police, who to give them their due were on site within 5 mins.. he'd waltzed off by then but at least they seemed interested, took the photos and statements. We also have CCTV from the house.

JanG

• Hectare
  • Gardening on fen silt
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2020, 05:48:38 »
That sounds rather scary, saddad. Were you quite shaken up?

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2020, 09:56:32 »
Definitely not good except for your having the presence of mind to take photos.   Who left the gate open for him to get in?
Obxx - Vendée France

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2020, 22:47:36 »
Hope you are ok now Saddad!   :wave:

saddad

• Hectare
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2020, 21:49:38 »
I opened the gate, for an elderly couple leaving and he wandered in to relieve himself.
I'm fine, the neighbour opposite our main gates has CCTV and the police looked at that as well.
My ribs still hurt so I'll start by asking about some stronger painkillers tomorrow, tricky as my other meds have to avoid taking tablets 4 hours either side.

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2020, 22:05:34 »
No alcohol at the Open Day then David! Hope you are ok!😳🙄
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

saddad

• Hectare
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2020, 07:54:15 »
Quick trip to A&E and have some better painkillers so sleeping better. Can't remember whether the x-rays showed two fractures on one rib, or one fracture on two separate ribs.... must practice my Tai-Chi roll...

gray1720

• Hectare
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2020, 08:19:09 »
Lordy, you have my sympathy, saddad - rib injuries are hideously painful. Hope the painkillers are doing the job!

Adrian
My garden is smaller than your Rome, but my pilum is harder than your sternum!

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2020, 10:43:38 »
That sounds like serious injury Saddad.  i've had cracked ribs and know how painful they are and how long they take to heal!

Have the police found him?  Any prosecution?
Obxx - Vendée France

saddad

• Hectare
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2020, 07:58:54 »
They have him on CCTV, and photos I provided.. I was supposed to get an update yesterday, but it hasn't happened yet. I can imagine they were busy.. always more drunken louts out and about in hot weather!

pumkinlover

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2020, 07:29:27 »
Hope thatyou are feeling better.
From the garden point of view it's not a good time to get an injury.

saddad

• Hectare
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2020, 08:32:49 »
True, especially as we have our first restricted NGS Open Day this Sunday.

Paulh

• Hectare
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2020, 19:13:13 »
As you have a couple of cracked ribs from the attack, that's Actual Bodily Harm, not merely assault, so the police and prosecutors may take it more seriously.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal