Author Topic: critter on my chilli  (Read 2952 times)

Joolieeee

• Quarter Acre
critter on my chilli
« on: June 18, 2020, 12:12:53 »
Please could someone identify this critter on my chilli? I've been removing them, but wondered what they are, and if my plant is doomed or ok
Joolieeee

Vinlander

• Hectare
  • North London - heavy but fertile clay
Re: critter on my chilli
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2020, 10:28:42 »
OK. I'm no expert but since nobody else has, I'll say the obvious - it looks more like a maggot than a caterpillar so it might become a fly - the question is why it ended up living in your plant. Is it a pest or just lost?

By now you should know if it is a problem - hopefully not.

Cheers
With a microholding you always get too much or bugger-all. (I'm fed up calling it an allotment garden - it just encourages the tidy-police).

The simple/complex split is more & more important: Simple fertilisers Poor, complex ones Good. Simple (old) poisons predictable, others (new) the opposite.

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2020, 15:46:45 »
Looks like a lacewing pupae to me, leave it alone and it will have gone in a day or two.

pumkinlover

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2020, 07:27:41 »
Unless evidence to the contarary it does look like a lacewing pupae and one of the good guys.

Vinlander

• Hectare
  • North London - heavy but fertile clay
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2020, 19:35:35 »
Are they really that small? (I'm still assuming that's some kind of J-cloth - on the other hand it could be a beach towel, so - are they really that big?).

Sorry, watching too much Buffy at the moment - great show but encourages snappy/snippy juvenile dialogue.

Cheers.
With a microholding you always get too much or bugger-all. (I'm fed up calling it an allotment garden - it just encourages the tidy-police).

The simple/complex split is more & more important: Simple fertilisers Poor, complex ones Good. Simple (old) poisons predictable, others (new) the opposite.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal