Author Topic: We have rain  (Read 9520 times)

ACE

• Hectare
We have rain
« on: June 03, 2020, 07:40:14 »
A very light rain, better than nothing, it will freshen the leaves but it will only take 10 minutes of sunshine to dry it up.

pumkinlover

Re: We have rain
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2020, 07:58:56 »
The cooler weather will help as well. Phew it's a relief.

ancellsfarmer

• Hectare
  • Plot is London clay, rich in Mesozoic fossils
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2020, 08:58:08 »
A very light rain, better than nothing, it will freshen the leaves but it will only take 10 minutes of sunshine to dry it up.
Now you've told us that, I want some !
Freelance cultivator qualified within the University of Life.

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2020, 09:36:30 »
None here, not even a dribble forecast but we do have some clouds about so it's a bit cooler and the wind has fnally dropped and swung round to the west.  It's been very wearing - and drying - having a strong north easterly for days on end.
Obxx - Vendée France

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2020, 09:49:56 »
Vert light at 9, moving to light now... so hoping it will carry on... meant to peak around 2pm so might do some good!

Redalder

• Half Acre
  • East Cornwall, mostly clay and stones.
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2020, 14:14:23 »
I have just sat here in the west Country watching the rain on the radar move down the country and missing us altogether by about 10 Miles!

We have brown grass and struggling veg that I managed to get out of what was left of last year's seed (most of this years seed order never arrived). GRRRR

tricia

• Hectare
  • Torbay, Devon
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2020, 15:49:24 »
You're too far west Redalder! Here in Torbay it's been raining,  albeit lightly, since around 10 am. I don't think it will be enough to replenish my three empty water butts though :BangHead:

Tricia  :wave:

AlanP

• Half Acre
  • Willy Nelson
    • http://www.freewebs.com/alanparkin/index.htm
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2020, 16:10:21 »
Heavy rain overnight here in South Cumbria, guess all the weeds will appear at the allotment now.

Alan
Just one more polytunnel, just one more chicken coop.
Just one more allotment.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2020, 17:39:22 »
Better than expected, it has just slowed a bit, enough to do some good and maybe a bit more tonight. Bit parky though.

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2020, 17:41:03 »
Similar.. has rained lightly on and off all day.. now needs to bucket it down for a few hours overnight...

cudsey

• Half Acre
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2020, 18:30:06 »
It started to rain during the night and continued until about 2 and there was a chilly wind I think more rain is expected here in Sth Yorkshire during the next few days
Barnsley S Yorks

Paulh

• Hectare
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2020, 20:32:09 »
Just a sporadic very light drizzle here, not enough to wet things properly. It should pour on Sunday - our son and daughter who we've not seen since early March are visiting.

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2020, 17:07:16 »
Very odd weather today, bursts of typhoon like rain, followed by bright sunshine and quite cold winds. Plenty of water on the ground though!!😁
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2020, 18:32:29 »
It has just smashed it down here.  Heavy hail and rain just as I left the plot on my bike - great to get a much need soaking but I fear some of the stuff on the plot will have taken a beating. 
Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

tricia

• Hectare
  • Torbay, Devon
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2020, 18:41:13 »
Gloomy, very windy, but not a drop of much needed rain  :BangHead:.

pumkinlover

« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2020, 08:05:37 »
Gloomy, very windy, but not a drop of much needed rain  :BangHead:.

That's the most frustrating weather pattern when you have already had a hot dry period.

Tiny Clanger

• Acre
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2020, 11:31:55 »
We've had weather more like April than anything else. Sun, wind rain, hail and thunder and lightning.  :blob7:
I expect to pass through this world but once; any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now; let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2020, 11:54:02 »
Forecast for today is dry with cloudy spells.   Started off just so but we've just had a downpour and now it's raining steadily.   Happy Obxx.
Obxx - Vendée France

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2020, 10:21:22 »
Proper bit of wet stuff this morning, that will lay the dust and freshen the crops up.

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2020, 11:32:31 »
And wake up the weeds.  We had our first rain in weeks on Monday and a couple of good downpours since and they've gone mad, especially in the 3 new beds i've been planting up and in the veg plot.

A previous owner planted a campsis next to the well here and it has grown 6' since Monday.   It's in the middle of the drive between the gates and the garage so that's another haircut needed.  On the other hand, the new pear trees, planted ast autumn, and the brassicas, soft fruits and pumpkins are all looking much happier.
Obxx - Vendée France

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal