Author Topic: Cherry cascade tomatoes...  (Read 1835 times)

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
Cherry cascade tomatoes...
« on: May 25, 2020, 20:15:17 »
....has anyone had any experience growing these please?
I usually grow Minibel or Trailing Tom tomatoes for containers, but ran out of seeds so purchased these as it was all the store had at the time. The plants I’ve grown seen very tall, no evidence of compact or trailing habit so far....is this correct or have I got the wrong seed?!🙄🥴
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
Re: Cherry cascade tomatoes...
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2020, 20:31:15 »
Hi Deb, I do have these seeds but have not grown them , I did try to find some info about them though when I got them,someone sent them to me,  and am doing this from memory.  As far as I can remember it only grows to max 18inches.I definately do know it has rugosa foliage and I have it in among my dwarf seeds. Rugosa foliage in my experience is quite stiff and upright.I could be wrong but personally  I don't think I have grown a hanging basket  one with rugosa foliage. I think this is the reason I didn't grow it, it seemed a contradiction to me.

When I think of hanging basket tomatoes I envision Tuumbler, Whippersnapper or Anmore Delight.

Maybe not a lot of help
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2020, 11:13:29 »
I use Whippersnapper, Garten Pearle and "Cherry Falls" in tubs and baskets.. I'm fairly certain is a "sweet Million" type.. upright with very long trusses. Still have some basket plants... if you want some.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2020, 23:08:32 »
I use Whippersnapper, Garten Pearle and "Cherry Falls" in tubs and baskets.. I'm fairly certain is a "sweet Million" type.. upright with very long trusses. Still have some basket plants... if you want some.

Saddad, I think it was you who gave me my first Whippersnapper seeds when I was in the UK  somwhere about 2003/2004 I think and I am stilling gowing them from my saved seeds..
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2020, 09:13:41 »
So am I, I may have had upto a hundred varieties over the last thirty years... can grow out about 24 each season and only keep about 60 in the "seed bank" so it's definitely a keeper!

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2020, 21:24:15 »
Thanks for the comments, These plants are definitely neither compact nor rugosa foliage, looks like David is correct unfortunately...🥴
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal