General > News

Vermeer's girl with the Pearl earring

(1/5) > >>

saddad:
OH, (sadly no longer a girl) can't wear earrings at work (NHS) put some pearl earrings in yesterday but lost one on the lotties. My friend lost his wedding ring within months of getting married ( I was best man) in @95. The ring turned up, literally, when he was digging his plot a decade later. Have any of you lost valuables that later turned up? I lost a set of keys about 5 years ago which turned up in a friends plot.. I had let him have a sack of compost domesticus when he couldn't get any during lock down. I fear the earring may be gone for good!

Deb P:
Oh no! I guess you have a large area to search.....know anyone with a metal detector?

saddad:
five plots... may take some time. Always told the jeweller they should make them in threes!

galina:
Lost wedding ring here too.  Drove everybody crazy looking for it.  Through the sports centre for fingertip search after the house and the garden, the car - nothing!  Until I did another garden job which needed gloves.  There it was back again on my finger weeks later.  I had taken the gloves off and the ring must have come off inside - phew.    :wave:

BarriedaleNick:
I lost a pair of Oakley sunglasses down the plot.  I have no idea what happened but about 6 months later after I had dug my spuds up I just found them on a path between the beds.  Pretty good nick as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version