Author Topic: So annoyed  (Read 1488 times)

ACE

• Hectare
So annoyed
« on: April 07, 2020, 17:37:02 »
I have to rant about this somewhere, so sorry it is down to you to take the brunt. They collected up all the homeless so they could be indoors for free and away from the peril while this covid thing is doing the rounds. Two hotels were used next to each other. The next thing there is chatting on the street corner, then fighting in the streets but to cap it all they decide to have a party on the beach. The beach has now had to be cleaned of beer cans and used needles. If I was younger I would be there with a pick handle and give them a choice. Stay in or else!  Every year the folk musicians over here put on a concert to collect for the homeless, I shall not be joining in that anymore, seems like they don't really want any help  and if you do they throw it back in your face.

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
Re: So annoyed
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2020, 19:39:37 »
Sadly your experience is not unique. There are some areas of our city we avoid due to the antisocial behaviour of the homeless people mostly due to drug misuse sadly. A lot of Mamba/Spice users around here and it’s heartbreaking to witness them staggering around not knowing what day it is. The hostels here are oversubscribed and some just don’t bother as they are not pleasant places of refuge as they were intended to be. Very sad.
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
Re: So annoyed
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2020, 05:20:33 »
That is very sad, Here I cook for a church spoonsered dinner for the homeless and low income. I cook at home and take it in and help serve. I alwyas man th dessert table and over the years I have got to know many of them very well.They call me the dessert lady and are always polite. I mak e many of the desserts myself and it is fun to get requests. They have had some good old British hot puddings with hot custsrd which is not seem much over here ad they love it.

There is some unease in the town as we have a tent city and many of them live there. The locals won't go nar it but I have dropped off stuff many times and they are always fine with me. I have seen some of them very high though and I guess that is a problem waiting to happen.

I don't know about over there but here we had a huge mental hospital that was closed down quite  a few years ago and many of the inmates were deemed OK to be released.Of course they didn't fit into the usual apartment situation and they had little skills  so many of them landed on he streets..  2 decades later some of them are quite old but still out. They seem t hve a cameraderie between them and I guess they do what they have to do.

It is something that should not happen in a civilised country but it will take someone a lot brighter than me to figure it out. I live in a fairly small town and I know it is much worse in the big cities .We have a Sally Ann hostel here so many folks come to our town because of it, then they can't stay there.
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal