Author Topic: Have you seen this yet  (Read 4673 times)

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
Re: Have you seen this yet
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2020, 20:24:28 »
Very good advice.  Thanks for sharing.
Obxx - Vendée France

cudsey

• Half Acre
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2020, 19:01:54 »
Thanks for the information my allotment is directly opposite my house and I made 5 trips this morning bringing all seedlings from the greenhouse which was an awful lot and every pot that I have so I have a very crowded house now and then found out that we could still go to our allotments but things may change so its all staying here for the time being                                      Hope you all ok and stay safe
Barnsley S Yorks

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2020, 05:59:37 »
This is good news.  I was ill last year and nearly gave up  my plot.   But decided to continue.   My husband is doing a great job digging and we have really enjoyed the last few days of sunshine.  I really feel that growing  food might become important.    My biggest concern is the gate.  I saw someone touch his nose and lipped just seconds before opening the gate.  I am sure  he did not even realise he had done it.   But it has  made me rather more careful. 

pumkinlover

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2020, 07:34:01 »
Nice to see you posting again Deigeroo, I was only thinking about you yesterday.  I am glad that your husband is well enough to help you.
Take care and wear gloves and wash you hands after going through the gate.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2020, 11:55:55 »
We now have a no visitors rule, really to stop people without plots claiming they are going there when  stopped by the police, like I was this  this morning. I told him if he stopped anybody else claiming to be going there to ask them for the combination of the lock. If they give him a number send them home it is a keyed lock. He was alright with it and asked if there was any plots going spare.

ancellsfarmer

• Hectare
  • Plot is London clay, rich in Mesozoic fossils
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2020, 17:13:16 »
Remember folks, Jeyes Fluid will kill virus. It was only relabelled due to being' too effective' in the wider environment.Do not let it be in contact with a cat.
See :www.clickcleaning.co.uk/cleaning-guide/the-history-of-jeyes-fluid
Other suppliers are(maybe?) available
Freelance cultivator qualified within the University of Life.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2020, 17:27:32 »
Remember folks, Jeyes Fluid will kill virus.
Forgot all about that, I have been guarding a big container of the good old stuff for years. Perfect for the wheelie bin handles and my wooden gates at home. That will save on the anti bacterial kitchen cleaner spray.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal