Author Topic: We are on "day to day" now.  (Read 2765 times)

Tiny Clanger

• Acre
We are on "day to day" now.
« on: April 01, 2020, 04:14:49 »
We are daily expecting to be informed that we can no longer tend our plots.  We are on,"one person per household only". No driving to the plot
I expect to pass through this world but once; any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now; let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.

ACE

• Hectare
Re: We are on "day to day" now.
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2020, 07:03:18 »
I am expecting a halt to my 'exercise' any day. Everything that can be planted is planted, perhaps some of them a tad early. I even put a row of second earlies in the ground. the whole plot has nearly been dug over. Leeks have been harvested and frozen, only purple sprouting and kale left for daily picking.  I will make a small no dig plot in the garden  if some of the seedlings coming through cannot be transferred to the plot because it is too cold yet. As for driving, I cycle anyway and do not leave the parish.

ancellsfarmer

• Hectare
  • Plot is London clay, rich in Mesozoic fossils
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2020, 08:21:23 »
We are daily expecting to be informed that we can no longer tend our plots.  We are on,"one person per household only". No driving to the plot

On what basis have you formed this opinion. Have I missed an announcement somewhere?
Freelance cultivator qualified within the University of Life.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2020, 09:25:15 »
You have not missed any announcement, just hoping we do not get locked down anymore. But if local councils get involved with a 'committee' based decision say goodbye to the exercise.

ancellsfarmer

• Hectare
  • Plot is London clay, rich in Mesozoic fossils
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2020, 09:50:11 »
Thanks, I share your optimism!
Evolution or revolution ?
Time to re-form the Levellers,methinks.
JFDI until you drop.
Stay safe.
AF
Freelance cultivator qualified within the University of Life.

Tiny Clanger

• Acre
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2020, 10:05:48 »
New Info issued from the "Furher Bunker".  Short drives of 5 minutes for "exercise" are OK
I expect to pass through this world but once; any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now; let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2020, 10:42:41 »
Short drives of 5 minutes for "exercise" are OK
  Now I will have to break the speed limit

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2020, 12:25:23 »
Yes trying to get as many jobs done and things in to do them as i can, have spent two days pressure washing back garden and as i type the gardener is here to do some of the hard bits i cant. Which includes moving an apple tree (yes i know its late) but i had quotes from 4 tree surgons who then could not fit me in to cut the trees back and move this one. If this is not moved its unlikly to make it through the year.

I think we all just need to keep safe and carry on xx

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal