Author Topic: Best soup I ever tasted  (Read 3777 times)

ACE

• Hectare
Best soup I ever tasted
« on: March 29, 2020, 12:39:36 »
She made a cauliflower cheese, for some reason enough for a family of six. I did not want to have to eat it for the next 5 days. Bunged the remainder in the liquidiser with a dollop of cream and a chilli pepper, Magic! I will still be eating it for 5 days but much more enjoyable, More like a hot cauliflower cheese smoothie really.

Yorkshire Lass

• Acre
Re: Best soup I ever tasted
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2020, 16:53:41 »
That sounds a good idea - cauliflower cheese soup.  I have cauliflower cheese in the freezer so that's soup for a couple of days sorted.

pumkinlover

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2020, 09:46:02 »
Having no cauliflower spare I made brussels sprout and cheese soup. That was jummy too.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2020, 12:08:03 »
I made brussels sprout and cheese soup.
Don't stand near a naked flame  (;

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2020, 13:55:21 »
OH likes sprouts but I canna thole 'em.

I do like cauliflower tho, as soup, with cheese, as a crudité for dipping in mayo, smoked mackerel paté or hummus, roasted with chic peas and harissa, as a tagine with olives and lentils. curried cauliflower........  I draw the line at using it to make a pizza crust tho.
Obxx - Vendée France

Paulh

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2020, 14:05:25 »
We had our last but one squash last night, a Black Futsu, roasted with a homemade curry sauce and rice. The leftover squash and sauce has been liquidised with some vegetable stock and that was a lovely velvety warming soup at lunch today.

ancellsfarmer

• Hectare
  • Plot is London clay, rich in Mesozoic fossils
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2020, 16:24:33 »
OH likes sprouts but I canna thole 'em.

I do like cauliflower tho, as soup, with cheese, as a crudité for dipping in mayo, smoked mackerel paté or hummus, roasted with chic peas and harissa, as a tagine with olives and lentils. curried cauliflower........  I draw the line at using it to make a pizza crust tho.
Cauliflower into--
Woolton pie ?
Freelance cultivator qualified within the University of Life.

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2020, 17:02:26 »
Had to google that one.  We don't have potatoes except, very occasionally, if I buy some new salad potatoes.

In Belgium spuds were part of the rotation of crops grown behind our house so I saw, first hand, what went on them.   No thanks.   OH got me to grow some here but the time between small, firm salad potato and huge great floury thing is very short and then they don't store well and they're not something I use every day so not bothering again.
Obxx - Vendée France

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal