Produce > Edible Plants

Seed Saving Circle 2020

<< < (31/31)

galina:
Let's hope there has not been a hand pollination mistake and one seed is an unintended F1
hybrid, displaying hybrid vigor.  I seriously hope not and have been careful with isolating and hand pollinating and then reclosing the female, but hybrid vigor could be a possible explanation.

The resulting fruit will soon tell you.   :BangHead:

JanG:
Rather late in the day, I can happily report that the Greek White courgette was indeed true to type. My large vigorous plant continued to prosper and produced perfect white courgettes. Thanks Galina.

JanG:
I'm interested to know whether anyone else has grown Ruud's Pamplemousse du Grandpère this season. It's a lovely blushing largish, slightly beefsteak kind of tomato. It starts yellow, then develops a red blush when fully ripe.
I have only one plant which has the colouring shown in internet photos but mine have a pointed tip which I like very much, but which doesn't appear in any photos I've seen online. I imagine there's some variability in the tomatoes produced by this variety but I wonder whether anyone else has this pointed tip on their P du G.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version