Author Topic: purple sprouting everywhere  (Read 1357 times)

ACE

• Hectare
purple sprouting everywhere
« on: March 08, 2020, 13:58:26 »
Not on the plot, on the pavement, I found a bonus treat under all the netting, lovely purple sprouting. Riding home and I had to pop into the Range for some seeds. They have a ridge in the road which toppled me off of my bike. Fortunately  some kind folks untangled me from the frame and then put all my veg back in the basket. A good wash and a steaming it will be alright, not like my gardening strides, which are now the height of fashion with the knees ripped out. 

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
Re: purple sprouting everywhere
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2020, 15:51:20 »
Bit draughty in the current weather then.

I ordered seeds from Chilterns so I can grow purple sprouting and cavolo nero as I haven't seen them here either as seeds, plugs or on sale in the supermarket or open market veggies.   Just have to wait for a good sowing day and then a few months of growing time.
Obxx - Vendée France

pumkinlover

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2020, 08:22:10 »
You are a walking disaster area Ace, glad it's only your trousers which have long term damage.

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2020, 09:25:22 »
Those eyes need fixing for sure!   :BangHead:  Sorry about the tumble. 

Hope today all is ok physically, bar dented pride.  Supermarket beginning with L have working trousers in stock atm if you have that on IOW. 

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2020, 10:11:11 »
Supermarket beginning will L has an OTT system for parking, so I don't use them. But now I have lots of baggy trousers that used to fit a couple of stone ago. A bit of bailer twine to hold them up will do the trick for gardening.

Tiny Clanger

• Acre
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2020, 12:05:54 »
Just patched the old man's moleskins due to knee failure.  Give it a go.  They are now durable again although patch is a different colour.  But they are good for a bit longer.  :blob7:
I expect to pass through this world but once; any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now; let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal