Author Topic: From Jeannine 2020  (Read 2021 times)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
From Jeannine 2020
« on: February 07, 2020, 08:11:31 »
Hi friends, I am a bit late sending my New Year greeting, so a very tardy Happy New Year tp you all  and a great harvest.

Things are pretty much the same over here in Canada. I got super new cedar beds in my greenhouse, Don't you just love a sweet son in law.

I hope all my old friends are doing well and are planning a great garden

Love to you all

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Tee Gee

• Hectare
  • Huddersfield - Light humus rich soil
    • The Gardener's Almanac
Re: From Jeannine 2020
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2020, 09:39:55 »
Happy New Year to you as well Jeannine

I too am in the process of sorting my greenhouses and garden out, more so now that I have given up my allotments!

I did a bit of tidying up yesterday and soon realised 'a bit' won't be enough now that I see what I have accumulated over the years,so my New Years Resolution is sort out my "Hoard" and reduce it to a more appropriate size.

Trouble is what do I keep? And what do I get rid off?

tricia

• Hectare
  • Torbay, Devon
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2020, 10:30:08 »
Lovely to hear from you Jeannine - hope you have a great 2020, both health and garden wise!

I seem to have lost my mojo somewhat.  I haven't even cleaned out my mini GH from last year yet or looked into my seed box.  I'm finding it more difficult each year since my mobility became more constricted.  Grrrrr.... not much fun getting old!!

Tricia xx  :wave:

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2020, 10:38:19 »
Great to hear from you again Jeannine

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2020, 13:16:40 »
Best wishes to you also Jeannine.  Been thinking of you just a few days ago, when I was sorting through my tomato seeds and several from the amazing seed parcel went through my hands with a virtual wave across the big pond.  Well not those actual seeds, but their descendants.  Still especially love those seeds from the Wild Boar farm.

Glad to hear that you have these lovely cedar beds for your gardening.  Hope all goes well and that your health stays good also.  :wave:

Edited at posters request to remove quotes. PKL
« Last Edit: February 07, 2020, 18:20:03 by pumpkinlover »

Tulipa

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2020, 17:36:58 »
Hello Jeannine  :hello: it's lovely to hear from you and glad you are doing ok, what a lovely Son-in-law :)

I hope 2020 is a good year for you and growing year too!

Take care and keep in touch, I often think of you, especially at seed sowing time xxx

daveyboi

• Hectare
  • Have fun enjoy your allotment
    • Daveyboi's Blog and personal website
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2020, 00:35:05 »
Lovely to have you drop by and glad all is well with you

All the best for the year
Daveyboi
Near Haywards Heath Southern U.K.

Visit My Blog if you would like to

markfield rover

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2020, 18:23:34 »
Hello from me too, everything is stirring now , the weather here tomorrow means indoor play so it’s going to be seedy Sunday and maybe just maybe I’ll get a system in place . So happy sowing and growing and are you still discovering new tomatoes?
Cheers

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2020, 04:12:10 »
Thank you to you all, it is nice to pop in now and again.

Tricia, I know exact;ly what you mean. I didn't sign up for the old age thing either but we trundle on. I have very little space now but my brain just won't accept that. I now have just two shoe boxes of seeds. I remember a time when I had a full sized suitcase LOL
Tee Gee, glad to know you are doing well in your smaller space. I do know wherever your space is there will be a supoer harvest.

I have been seed sorting the last few days. I had made a plan not to buy anything at all this year,the plan lasted a whole three days.

I still have hundreds of tomato seeds , quite old of course now but every year I pick 10 varieties and they always germinate pretty good. I have no idea what to do with them..

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

lottie lou

• Hectare
  • Birmingham
« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2020, 11:30:48 »
Wow was just wondering how you was getting on.  Sorry I missed you earlier in the month but rarely pop in now. Glad you and old friends are doing well and I agree this getting more mature is not something I would recommend. Happy very belated new year to everyone b

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2020, 12:14:59 »
Jeannine, you wrote 'I still have hundreds of tomato seeds , quite old of course now but every year I pick 10 varieties and they always germinate pretty good. I have no idea what to do with them..'

Whilst they still germinate, you could pack them into moisture proof containers and into the freezer.  That will keep them viable for many more years.  :wave:

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2020, 02:30:44 »
Hi Galina, thank you for the tip but I need to give them away. I  guess I could try and do a list but it would take a lot of time. If anyone is looking for something I just may have it. I am so out of touch with gardeners generally now so have no pklace to offer them. I did think of a "seedy" day but there hasn't been one anywhere near me for years.

If anyone is staring a parcel swap I coulb ship them over to go with it..let me know.

Thank you all again for your sweet messages, it means a lot. I will try and stick around.In fact I have a questionI will go and post right now

XX Jeannine

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal