Author Topic: A Fairy Story  (Read 3753 times)

nodig

• Half Acre
A Fairy Story
« on: February 01, 2020, 18:21:44 »
As someone who has been banished twice from allotments the subject of governance interests me.

Lets start with a new rule (rule 99) from the new chairman and his merry men
"no allotment holder shall do or say anything that acts against the aims or interests of the association" - sounds ok?

Now the new ruler (elected at an agm with only 10% attendance) turns rogue, and coopts his mates onto the committee.

He becomes a dictator, throwing lots off their plot, even old timers, under rule 99., and lets his mates have plots, bypassing the waiting list.

Darkness descends on the members, and plot holders tremour when the new ruler arrives on their particular site flanked by his band of heavies.

The year passes with many evictions, but bravely the remaining plot holders attend the next agm with a hero who wants to stand against the dictator.

Unfortunately the ruler rules out the hero on the grounds that he has had a complaint made against him and is therefore unsuitable to stand for chairman.

The ruler continues to rule by default as there is no other candidate.

So is it hopeless for the masses?

How do people think this could have a happy ending?

Only those who like fairy tales can reply.

ACE

• Hectare
Re: A Fairy Story
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2020, 09:00:09 »
Easy way to a happy ending, get the writer of said fairy tale to invest in some therapy. When they are completely cured they will no longer believe in conspiracy theories and live happily ever after.

nodig

• Half Acre
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2020, 09:45:12 »
Sorry Ace.  What I meant to write is how far apart should I plant my onions? 

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2020, 10:07:39 »
Depends on how much sh1t you have stirred into the ground.

nodig

• Half Acre
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2020, 13:35:24 »
Moderator can you delete ACE please he is infecting my Fairy Story with his homegrown nastiness.

pumkinlover

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2020, 14:26:28 »
Is it a nice day where you are. It's lovely here despite th forcast.
Maybe time to get outside and get some fresh air and work down then sit down chilled and happy with a cup tea.

nodig

• Half Acre
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2020, 14:46:18 »
I'll take that as approval of Ace's 'crappy' reply.  Bye bye forum have a good gardening year.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 14:49:27 by nodig »

pumkinlover

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2020, 17:43:39 »
I'll take that as approval of Ace's 'crappy' reply.  Bye bye forum have a good gardening year.

Sorry that you feel that way. I don't approve or disparove of Ace's reply  becasue this did after all start off as a " fairy story"

If I wrote my  post again I would have made it clear that I thought both of you could do with a chill session, as the whole thread just seemed to be  two members winding each other up for no good reason.

If you choose to leave the forum it will be a shame as you make some good points however these "Fairy and made up tales" that you have started on a few occasions seem to me to have no point.  If you do have genuine grievances members will help you to the best of their ability but with these sort of threads if it goes a bit pear shaped then it's not surprising.

Jayb

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2020, 22:26:34 »
I think Pumpkinlover has given good advice and whether a4a members wish to read it and move on or not is their own decision. We are all such different people and characters, drawn together for the love of gardening and growing our own fruit and veggies. We look for advice, expertise, ideas, fun, and friendship whilst sharing tips, experiences, and knowledge with others. We are all passionate gardeners.

Like Pumpkinlover, I agree it would be a shame for you to leave nodig, you are part of what makes this forum so lovely  :wave:
Seed Circle site http://seedsaverscircle.org/
My Blog, Mostly Tomato Mania http://mostlytomatomania.blogspot.co.uk/

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal