Produce > Edible Plants

garlic

<< < (3/7) > >>

Deb P:
Got mine from Franchi this year, thought I'd give them a go as their seeds are very reliable.....

BarriedaleNick:
I found a nice selection of Garlic on eBay..

"Garlic bulbs - 9 islands collection. This is a collection of 9 garlic bulbs personally collected by me from various Mediterranean and Atlantic islands and grown on in UK. These include Greece, Menorca, Majorca, Corsica, Cyprus, canary islands and Azores."

Interesting and fun to grow different varieties than you would normally find..

Tiny Clanger:
I got mine last autumn from Kings - they had a special on.  I tend to plant in October and the garlic is well up now.  Kings give discount to the individual who has an allotment as well as buying through your allotment association.  Check on line. There are quite a few suppliers.  Franchi's stuff is pricey but reliable.

ruud:
here a link for garlic bulbs  https://www.levenvanhetland.nl/knoflook/

Obelixx:
I have a harvesting question.   I planted garlic in December and it has done well so far.  The foliage is starting to turn brown at the top.

I have now removed the insect netting from the hoops - put on to keep the chooks off the beds while it grew - so the sun can get to it and ripen the bulbs.   last year we had a heatwave and drought all thru April and May and the harvest was poor.  I'd like to do better this year.

How brown should the foliage and stem be before I harvest it?  I don't want to let it get so far it doesn't store well as I've planted double quantities this year.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version