Author Topic: My tomatoes won't ripen  (Read 3936 times)

ancellsfarmer

• Hectare
  • Plot is London clay, rich in Mesozoic fossils
Re: My tomatoes won't ripen
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2019, 20:51:07 »
To my considerable amusement I've discovedred the existence of a variety called Captain Beefheart - I intend to get some seed, and serve them with big-eyed beans from Venus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfNb1w7pVcA

Adrian

Take a little pot and long lunar note for planting?
Freelance cultivator qualified within the University of Life.

Vinlander

• Hectare
  • North London - heavy but fertile clay
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2019, 01:57:08 »
Brilliant - I never thought to check for videos - Thanks.

NB. I have that arpeggio (?) running up to "long lunar note" as my ringtone, but I've only ever heard it go off once - I love my Moto, but I keep that annoying phone/text app blocked as much as humanly possible.

Cheers.

PS. I love that quote from the BBC documentary: "Frank is good - he's really, really good, but Don is The Real Deal".
With a microholding you always get too much or bugger-all. (I'm fed up calling it an allotment garden - it just encourages the tidy-police).

The simple/complex split is more & more important: Simple fertilisers Poor, complex ones Good. Simple (old) poisons predictable, others (new) the opposite.

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2019, 06:55:31 »
Did the ripen Lottie Lou? Or did you process them into Chutney... I'm down to 6 freezer trays now, and many have ripened so I need to check them over again today for any signs of decay... having a spare bedroom I can keep all the green ones on display and only loose a couple from each tray as they ripen..

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2019, 11:16:50 »
We've tried the shoe box method and it has worked a treat with few losses to rot.  Jyst gota  dozen teeny ones left to ripen now.  All the rest have been eaten or processed into passata or dried in the oven and stored in olove oil for bruschetta.  Yum yum.
Obxx - Vendée France

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal