Author Topic: kallets  (Read 1503 times)

plotstoeat

• Acre
kallets
« on: October 09, 2019, 11:22:09 »
Has anyone grown these odd greens? Sound very nice.

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
Re: kallets
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2019, 13:29:58 »
They were called flower sprouts a few years ago when I grew them after first seeing them on a TV cookery show and then finding them on sale in our local Belgian supermarket, but pricey.  Tried them and loved them so grew them and they were good.

Just the once tho as we moved to this new garden the following year and haven't tried them again yet.
Obxx - Vendée France

JanG

• Hectare
  • Gardening on fen silt
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2019, 07:12:49 »
Yes, I grow them. My plants are taller than all my Brussels sprouts so take a bit of netting against butterflies, pigeons etc, and probably benefit from staking.  They currently have some aphid but I haven’t had that previously. Otherwise they’re trouble free, tough plants and produce miniature kale for several weeks from now until well into spring.

Tiny Clanger

• Acre
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2019, 10:50:26 »
No, but they look good. Where can I get seeds?
I expect to pass through this world but once; any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now; let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.

woodypecks

• Hectare
    • Daisy in the Garden
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2019, 09:20:54 »
We love Kale in our family and I grow a lot of it . I heard about these Kalettes and thought I,d try them this year.  I grew mine from seed and planted them out back in around Feb/March , but so far have not produced the mini bunches/sprouts/sprunchies of kale thingies that they are meant to produce .  I am hoping that they will produce them at some point over the winter months , which would be good to fill the "hungry gap " .......but at this moment in time ..they are still just looking like ordinary kale plants .  :coffee2:
Trespassers will be composted !

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal