Author Topic: Facebook problem  (Read 3083 times)

Paulines7

• Hectare
Facebook problem
« on: October 08, 2019, 11:04:33 »
Every morning for the past two months, I have been locked out of my Facebook.  I get the following message, though the location is different every day: 

Your Account Is Temporarily Locked
We noticed a recent login from an unfamiliar location. Please review this login and let us know if this is you.
about an hour ago
Bristol, United Kingdom
Chrome on Windows

The log ins have been from every part of the UK.  I get asked by Facebook to change my Password and I am getting really fed up with this.  Yesterday I went into my account security settings but couldn't find anything that could be causing this.  It really is a nuisance and thinking up a different password each day is a chore in itself.

Can anyone throw any light on this problem please and has anyone on here experienced the same thing?  I am at my wits end with this now!
Thanks.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 11:10:55 by Paulines7 »

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
Re: Facebook problem
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2019, 12:29:08 »
Why on earth should you not be able to log in from an unfamiliar location?  After all your facebook account should work on holidays as well as at home.   I have no explanation, apart from the above is clearly nonsense. :BangHead:

I will go and look whether there are two of you, ie your account has been cloned without your knowledge.

But I am the least knowledgeable person around when it comes to fb.  Hope you get some decent replies.   

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2019, 12:36:40 »
There are 3 others with the same name, none of the others have sent me a friend request.  From the outside it looks normal.  Hope you get a reply and resolution.  :wave:

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2019, 15:48:24 »
Thanks Galina.  I just looked through the Facebook accounts of people who have the same name as me and gave up after 20 or more, as there are so many.  I don't think anyone would have cloned me.   It's really puzzling!

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2019, 19:16:20 »
Are you sure these requests are actually from Facebook is my first thought......🥴
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2019, 19:23:33 »
Deb, definitely from Facebook and they often lock me out completely and send me a code on my mobile telephone.  They also confirm it's my account by sending photos of "my friends" and I have to tick which person it is from the list they give. 

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2019, 11:59:59 »
I think I have solved the problem as I didn't get the usual message this morning nor their request to change my password yet again.  It seems I haven't been logging off when I should have.  I hope this has solved the problem now.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal