Author Topic: what a night  (Read 3603 times)

ACE

• Hectare
what a night
« on: October 04, 2019, 08:35:49 »
I heard a cry from the garden, went out and found my wife on the ground with blood pumping out of her head. She had tripped over in her silly shoes and smashed her head on the corner of a sharp concrete step. Whipped her up the hospital and they put half a dozen stitches in her head. The doc said he could see the bone and he poked his finger in the cut to feel if she had any cracks in her skull. As I am one of those people who cannot even watch this sort of stuff on the telly I was getting wobbly myself. Anyway it was bleeding so much they showed me how to do a compression bandage so she could clean her hair up and I could re-bandage her when we got home. Also as I have a cataract I have trouble driving in the dark and rain but I found a pair of  drivers yellow over glasses and I managed to get to the hospital safely but very slowly.

I must give the A&E department a word of praised, they were rushed off of their feet but still managed service with a smile, a bit of a long wait but so what, it was not their fault.

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
Re: what a night
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2019, 08:51:25 »
Sorry to hear and hope Mrs Ace is soon feeling better.  Please give her our best wishes.

Do push to have your cataract done asap.  I had both eyes done after years of also struggling with night driving and my high shortsightedness getting worse too due to the cataracts, which made driving doubly difficult.  The implanted lense corrected the shortsightedness and obviously the cataract cloudiness disappeared.  For the first time in my life I have decent vision. 

Do get it done Ace.  It makes such a difference.  :wave:

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2019, 09:31:54 »
I cannot just get it done, the optician has to recommend me to the eye clinic when he thinks it is bad enough. Hopefully this months eye test will be enough as I am now getting seriously restricted in what I can do. It used to be when they were 'ripe' but now it is on a point scoring system.

tricia

• Hectare
  • Torbay, Devon
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2019, 10:41:59 »
Hope your wife doesn't have a headache and heals soon. I feel for her - I had a fall earlier this year, landed on my back and couldn't move. Luckily, a man heard my shouts, somehow climbed over the locked gate and got me upright and indoors where my panic button people were calling loudly. I had pressed my panic button but couldn't hear them through the closed patio door. Paramedics were called and checked me out. I hurt all over but apart from some really bad bruising and shock I was pronounced okay. It took me a while to get over the shock and I'm now super careful both in and outdoors!

Take care, both of you!

Tricia :wave:

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2019, 10:53:29 »
Big hugs for your better alf Ace.  Hope she's OK today.

Maybe hide the silly shoes and put some Crocs by the back door or, my favourite, colourful wellies.
Obxx - Vendée France

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2019, 11:05:09 »
I cannot just get it done, the optician has to recommend me to the eye clinic when he thinks it is bad enough. Hopefully this months eye test will be enough as I am now getting seriously restricted in what I can do. It used to be when they were 'ripe' but now it is on a point scoring system.

By get it done, I meant push, push and push the optician to refer you.  There is then still a waiting list at the eye hospital.  Because opticians are currently leaving it later and later and if there is the slightest contra indication for an early op (like in my case diabetes and high shortsightedness which both could mean complications), they tend to wait until you are very badly afflicted.  I had so many false images I had to filter out during driving and also shadows which might have been pedestrians crossing the road, that it was a strain to drive in the end.  On the sight chart every letter was doubled, like a V was a W with a tiny little v located top right of that W.  It was not funny to work out what was real and what was a cataract artefact.  So do push your optician and tell them how you struggled during the journey to A and E to get your referral. 

How is Mrs Ace today?

:wave:

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2019, 12:22:24 »
[

How is Mrs Ace today?

Laying it on thick.

pumkinlover

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2019, 07:33:46 »
[

How is Mrs Ace today?

Laying it on thick.

Hope that she is feeling better today.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2019, 08:58:57 »

Hope that she is feeling better today.
Yes a lot better, but I dread to think what would have happened if I was out at the time. With the blood spurting out and the amount of blood on the ground I was surprised she was still conscious. I cannot look at her head it just shakes me up. Good job the hospital was only ten minutes away.

Froglegs

• Hectare
  • Nottinghamshire.
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2019, 10:22:39 »
Glad to hear the Mrs is on the road to recovery Ace, I bet you make a wonderful nurse.

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2019, 12:12:10 »
Now who's laying it on thick you big Wuss!   I hope Mrs Ace is much better today.
Obxx - Vendée France

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2019, 21:14:28 »
Sorry to hear about your wife's accident, Ace, and hope that she is recovering well.

woodypecks

• Hectare
    • Daisy in the Garden
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2019, 22:16:42 »
So sorry to hear this Ace, hope your wife  feels better real soon . It must have really shaken her up . 
Trespassers will be composted !

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2019, 16:08:14 »
Healing slowly but according to doc she is still suffering concussion so she has to try to take it easy, surely she cannot take more easier. On the bright side I have been referred to the eye clinic, the end of my problem might be in sight if I could see.

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2019, 12:39:00 »
 :icon_cheers:  Yay for you   :BangHead:   and not so yay for Mrs Ace.  That must have been some fall.  We only know her via you, would you kindly please pass on your best wishes.  I think flowers and choccies might be in order, maybe, not only just taking it easy.  I hope she is feeling better in herself soon.  :wave:

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2019, 19:25:02 »
Wish you both the best... have to take OH back to eye cas at Stoke tomorrow... hopefully for the all clear. The acronym for her condition sounds like an STD.....

pumkinlover

« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2019, 09:10:01 »
Hope that there is help for your wife's eye problem Saddad

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2019, 23:53:31 »
We got half an all clear... come back if there any more issues.....

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2019, 08:27:58 »
stitches should be out today, second try, fingers crossed. It should have knitted by now. Still on the bright side it stops her frowning.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2019, 08:52:28 »
Peace at last. Somebody has gone to work leaving me to get back into the old routine. Watch the news until the Rip Off granny hour starts. Extra cup of expresso without the raised eyebrows. Wipe my feet instead of taking my shoes of to come indoors. A hour or two at the allotments, breakfast, a bit of box set bingeing until I nod off. Make the dinner of my choice. Then pretend I have had an awful day stuck here on my own without her company.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal