Author Topic: flu jabs  (Read 1582 times)

ACE

• Hectare
flu jabs
« on: September 27, 2019, 08:54:37 »
I don't know the situation in your areas, but I now have to make an appointment for the annual jab. It used to be an automatic invite on certain days but now it seems there is no reminder sent. Having had an old mate die of the flu I make sure I get one each year. Check the Doc's to see  if you are the same. Why risk having to lie in bed when you could be out in the cold and rain preparing the plot for next year.

tricia

• Hectare
  • Torbay, Devon
Re: flu jabs
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2019, 11:06:21 »
After making an appointment a week or so ago, had mine yesterday - at Boots! Much easier for me to reach than my doctor's surgery. It's free too. (You have to fill out a form so need your National Health Number).

Tricia  :wave:

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2019, 20:56:39 »
Very early this year.  There are two different jabs.  One for the over 65 with antibodies for 3 strains and another for the under 65s with antibodies for 4 different strains of flu.

Last year I had a sore swollen arm and a bit of a temperature for the best part of a week, but this year only one day afterwards.  Worth putting up with for not getting a bad bout of flu.

However, I cannot complain about a "lucky" bout of flu in my early 30s.  Once I might have felt like a cigarette again a week later, I had effectively gone through withdrawal and never wanted to smoke after that.    :sunny:

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2019, 21:44:46 »
I wa sgiven some good advice years ago.  Take a paracetamol 30 minutes before any jab and it reduces any symptoms such as sore arms or a temperature.  works for babies and ingants too if you have some baby paracetamol for them.
Obxx - Vendée France

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal